• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Praise for Mingo

Panthercougar68

29 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

We have no pass rush depth, no linebacker depth and absolutely no corner depth.  I would say that is the epitome of a "razor thin defense".

It's okay. You can let that fear of the past go. It's a new dawn, it's a new day. Let's see what happens when the actual games start before we downplay our players. 

That said. You are one of the most negative posters around. Hard to take your criticisms seriously.

Edit to ask: How many of our depth guys can you even name. Let alone make proclamations about their ability.

Edited by Gerry Green
  • Pie 1

On 8/16/2023 at 1:23 AM, pantherclaw said:

Never in the history of the Panthers franchise has any preseason game been so overly criticized. 

And there have been worse games. 

I’m not so sure about that. I can’t locate every preseason game in our history..  but none I found , had a more Lackluster offense , and keep a preseason defense on the field so long.. lost by 27.

Yeah, we looked pretty bad.. Thanks goodness it’s preseason.  

8 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

It's okay. You can let that fear of the past go. It's a new dawn, it's a new day. Let's see what happens when the actual games start before we downplay our players. 

That said. You are one of the most negative posters around. Hard to take your criticisms seriously.

Edit to ask: How many of our depth guys can you even name. Let alone make proclamations about their ability.

SMH, you can never address people’s post, just condescending replies. Did we get any pressure on the Jets without Burns? How’s we do without Horn against Tampa in our biggest game in years? How do you think our DL would do without Brown? What if Shaq or Luvu go down at LB? Our D can be good if we stay healthy, but he’s correct that we are not deep behind our marquee guys. Please tell us who the depth guys are that could replace the guys I mentioned.

34 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

we should win 7,8 games this year, 9 if we stay healthy and catch some breaks but more then likely 7 wins

You don't think we improved from last season?

Better coaching staff, upgrade at QB, pretty talented defense. I think it would be a disappointment if we ended the season with 7 wins given our schedule.

• Pie 1

31 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

You don't think we improved from last season?

Better coaching staff, upgrade at QB, pretty talented defense. I think it would be a disappointment if we ended the season with 7 wins given our schedule.

We could finish 7-10 and still be vastly improved. We had a last place schedule in 2022. We play Dallas, Miami and Seattle (instead of Giants, Detroit and Denver) in our 2nd place schedule this year. We were 4-2 in division and 3-8 out of division. If Atlanta and NO seem improved as well, going 3-3 or 4-2 could be playing way better than 2022.

9 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

We could finish 7-10 and still be vastly improved. We had a last place schedule in 2022. We play Dallas, Miami and Seattle (instead of Giants, Detroit and Denver) in our 2nd place schedule this year. We were 4-2 in division and 3-8 out of division. If Atlanta and NO seem improved as well, going 3-3 or 4-2 could be playing way better than 2022.

you are confusing him with facts

37 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

These are not your Matt Rhule Panthers anymore.

We win the division last year if Steve Wilks coached all season. He had to clean up Rhule's garbage and still almost led us to the playoffs.

If we upgraded at HC and QB im expecting playoffs. That's just me though. Other people may feel differently.

1 hour ago, WhoKnows said:

SMH, you can never address people’s post, just condescending replies. Did we get any pressure on the Jets without Burns? How’s we do without Horn against Tampa in our biggest game in years? How do you think our DL would do without Brown? What if Shaq or Luvu go down at LB? Our D can be good if we stay healthy, but he’s correct that we are not deep behind our marquee guys. Please tell us who the depth guys are that could replace the guys I mentioned.

Just curious, how many teams in the league has the depth to replace all of their star players without regressing? Only a handful in my estimation.

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

These are not your Matt Rhule Panthers anymore.

We win the division last year if Steve Wilks coached all season. He had to clean up Rhule's garbage and still almost led us to the playoffs.

If we upgraded at HC and QB im expecting playoffs. That's just me though. Other people may feel differently.

In the past decade the nfc south winner has won double digit games all but 2 times.   Last year and us in 2014.   There has never been a wild card team with single digit wins in 20 years.   So unless you truly think this team can win 11-12 games then I would not hold my breath on the playoffs.   I just hope to see progression and competency for this team and staff.  

In closing last year was a complete aberration and not anywhere close to the norm.  You are looking at things ass backwards

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

In the past decade the nfc south winner has won double digit games all but 2 times.   Last year and us in 2014.   There has never been a wild card team with single digit wins in 20 years.   So unless you truly think this team can win 11-12 games then I would not hold my breath on the playoffs.   I just hope to see progression and competency for this team and staff.  

In closing last year was a complete aberration and not anywhere close to the norm.  You are looking at things ass backwards

I don't know how many games we win. Im just expecting us to win this division. If we do that we're in the playoffs.

I would say 10 wins is realistic this year.