• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Christmas miracle

Jackofalltrades

Hidden

Boo hoo. I'm a little tired of people talking about miracle this and miracle that when its a simple medical misdiagnosis or some such thing. I am sure that people sincerely think that God is personally influencing their lives for some reason but I've never gotten it. Fifty African kids probably starved to death during her operation, but none of their families are going to post here.

Today is the anniversary of my moms death, sure as hell no miracle came for her. She suffered with cancer for years and was misdiagnosed far too long. God had nothing to do with it - cancer is a naturally occuring phenomenon, she smoked, and the doctors she saw were unable to find anything with 1970s technology. End of story.

This smacks of "God exists for person A, but not for person B (unless you acknowledge that either person B deserved this, or insert God Works In Mysterious Ways Clause Here).

You all are going to believe what you want, and that's great, but really, this whole "miracle" thing is crap.

Other than that, Merry Christmas!

-sincerely,

Scrooge

Why don't you sponsor one or two of the remaining billion African kids who didn't die during this woman's operation in remembrance of your mother then? Because your posts in this thread amount to pissing into the wind.

Hidden

Nice story JOAT.

And Scrum is right. Leave the debates elsewhere. It's disrespectful and asinine.

If you want to convince people to listen to your point of view, acting like a prick when someone tells a nice story isn't the way to do it. It just makes you look like a petty little twit.

He doesn't conform to their way of thinking, so therefore, CWG does nothing to benefit anyone. Everyone knows you must be a Christian and go to church twice-weekly to do good.

Glad there was a wonderful outcome to your situation, JOAT. It's always nice to hear good news amidst the sea of negativity.

Archived