• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Christmas miracle

Jackofalltrades

So this isn't something I normally do. I'm convinced there is a Gid and I dint consider it a faith thing, I've seen to much for it not to be fact. You believe what you want and I'm cool with it. I rarely share testimonials and never preach.

So my wife has a long time friend of the family who was recently diagnosed with a very aggresive cancer that had already spread to multiple organs. They did biopsies, drugs, chemo, etc, etc.

Nilothing helped and it continued to spread. So surgery was a last option and thus would be a debilitating, life altering operation that would likely leave her with limited mobility and a colostomy bag.

Her daughters and husband were obviously distraught and pretty much said their goodbyes to the mother and family life they knew.

She showed up for surgery on Sat morning and the surgeon explaining the procedure would be at least ten hours long.

Her husband and kids were sitting in the waiting room for about an hour and a half when the Dr. Emerged from the OR. Husband assumed things went wring and she was dead. As it turns out the surgeon opened her up and could not find a single tumor anywhere. Nothing, everything looked completely normal and she left the hospital two days later without any rx's, other than standard post op pain meds and has a routine check up in a week.

The Dr. as I'm told was misty eyed when told them that he had no medical or scientic explanation for the finding and offered only that a higher power was certainly at work.

Just thought I would share as we head into a bust and stressful Chrismad holiday where are concerns are mire likely to be in food, friends, fashion and gifts rather than why we're celebrating in the first place and just how truly blessed the vast majority of us are.

Hidden

Perhaps the people with the dude in the operating theater next door who learned he died on the table might not so readily and happily agree; in fact they might feel that He's a mite unfair.

See, its all part of the plan. why so serious?

Hidden

How about we try not to fuck up every thread about someone's faith, especially when they're not asking for a debate? I don't give a shit what you believe or don't believe, but I do care when you piss on other people's ideas especially when they were being sincere.

Just repped your post, but referenced how you responded w/o swearing! Giddamn, my language must be really bad if I don't consider f*ck and sh!t as swears!

Hidden

Boo hoo. I'm a little tired of people talking about miracle this and miracle that when its a simple medical misdiagnosis or some such thing. I am sure that people sincerely think that God is personally influencing their lives for some reason but I've never gotten it. Fifty African kids probably starved to death during her operation, but none of their families are going to post here.

Today is the anniversary of my moms death, sure as hell no miracle came for her. She suffered with cancer for years and was misdiagnosed far too long. God had nothing to do with it - cancer is a naturally occuring phenomenon, she smoked, and the doctors she saw were unable to find anything with 1970s technology. End of story.

This smacks of "God exists for person A, but not for person B (unless you acknowledge that either person B deserved this, or insert God Works In Mysterious Ways Clause Here).

You all are going to believe what you want, and that's great, but really, this whole "miracle" thing is crap.

Other than that, Merry Christmas!

-sincerely,

Scrooge

Archived