• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hey guys, it's 2011 not 2015.

Zod

All I will say is, if we can't win more games than an interim coach that traded its best player away, that inherited a 1-4 record, in an even WORSE division, then I don't know what to tell ya.

This isn't even remotely like 2011. We aren't coming off the 2nd worst record in franchise history. We EARNED that #1 pick. There is absolutely NO reason why we shouldn't win (or compete) for the division this year seeing the division is even worse with Brady gone.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

5 minutes ago, t96 said:

The division is no better than last year, probably worse with Brady retired and the Bucs likely bottom feeders. 1st overall QB coming off 7 wins last year with a superstar coaching staff assembled and the expectations should be high. The pressure should be on this staff. 

Atl and saints both have massive upgrades.   Atlanta could be a top team in the nfc imo.   If you cannot stop the run they will pulverize you.   

1 hour ago, NAS said:

Disagree.  2011 came after 1-15 season. 

We didn’t earn the #1 pick this year, we traded up from #9 to get Bryce Young after finishing 7-10 and second in NFC South. 

My expectations are more 2013. Playoff appearance. 

Nah bro, Internet forum guy confirmed it’ll be a losing season!!! Obviously we downgraded at QB and the entire coaching staff so we are doomed to lose more games this year! 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Castavar said:

All I will say is, if we can't win more games than an interim coach that traded its best player away, that inherited a 1-4 record, in an even WORSE division, then I don't know what to tell ya.

This isn't even remotely like 2011. We aren't coming off the 2nd worst record in franchise history. We EARNED that #1 pick. There is absolutely NO reason why we shouldn't win (or compete) for the division this year seeing the division is even worse with Brady gone.

But you can’t base everything on last years record.   It will be a new season.  Every team and season is different. 

The 2011 squad was significantly better on O around the QB than what we have this year.  Yet you paint us a better positioned.   And Cam brought insane offensive volume.  

winning is hard for rookies. For teams with new coaches and all new schemes. 

and how are the Saints and Falcons worse? 

24 minutes ago, CRA said:

We don’t have the roster yet.  Name the best two offensive players on our team.  When asked people generally will respond with some answer of well we just got a lot of good guys so that really is our advantage.  Yet for every other playoff caliber team it’s a pretty easy feat.

we play in a potentially bad division.  Sneaking in that way doesn’t make you playoff caliber. 

Steve Wilks had this team a game away from making the playoffs last year. We improved the roster and hired a allstar coaching staff.

Why are fans still think we are a rebuilding team?

Frank said it himself when we hired him. We are trying to contend right away. I guess some fans have different expectations. I said from the start this team should make the playoffs.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Steve Wilks had this team a game away from making the playoffs last year. We improved the roster and hired a allstar coaching staff.

Frank said it himself when we hired him. We are trying to contend right away. I guess some fans have different expectations. I said from the start this team should make the playoffs.

That was a by product of a crap division.  We aren't the only team that on paper got better

I think too many people are blaming a coaching staff that hasn't coached their first regular season game. As a poster mentioned above, I think the results from this season is more reflecting on the GM. I have been in multiple circles that infer that Scott Fitterer values getting "deals" over the right player for the team. You can see this with the number of guys that get signed with injury plagued careers or coming off of questionable seasons. I have also been told (and I believe it) that the entire Baker Mayfield ordeal was orchestrated by the front office as the Darnold and Corral duo was the vision of the coaching staff. 

So before blaming the brand new coaching staff with years of NFL experience, I would look at who is supplying the players. Frank Reich does not have the roster control that Matt Rhule had. I see multiple people complaining about players such as Jordan and Erving. However, Frank Reich did not bring them back. He also didn't draft Keith Taylor and trade for CJ Henderson.

Give the new coaching staff a break, these guys are professionals and a complete 180 turn from the previous group. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

But that season was its own thing.  And Steve Wilks didn’t actually have us playing good football.  It just wasn’t Matt Rhule,  We weren’t a good team.  It was a messed up season full of bad opponents  where you could come compete in a game despite literally not passing to the extent it looked like he was trying to sabotage the team (first game) to winning with your starting QB finishing with 40 pass yards and putting up 10 points (last game)

and we are rebuilding.  Traded away all our offensive stars.  We have a rookie QB.  Brand new offense.  Brand new defense.  Brand new staff.  That’s a rebuild.  Regardless what Frank says. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 2

1 minute ago, CRA said:

But that season was its own thing.  And Steve Wilks didn’t actually have us playing good football.  It just wasn’t Matt Rhule,  We weren’t a good team.  It was a messed up season full of bad opponents  where you could come compete in a games despite literally not passing to the extent it looked like he was trying to sabotage the team (first game) to winning with your starting QB finishing with 40 pass yards and putting up 10 points (last game)

and we are rebuilding.  We have a rookie QB.  Brand new offense.  Brand new defense.  Brand new staff.  That’s a rebuild.  Regardless what Frank says. 

Almost making the playoffs last year with 7 wins means absolutely nothing in regards to the 2023 season 

• Beer 1

Steve Wilks won 6 games. Only 2 of those teams ended up with a winning record at the end of the season with 9 wins each. 4 of them with losing records. Teams also didnt have anything on his coaching style. In the end, he wound up being the reason we didnt make the playoffs anyway. 

Its time to have realistic expectations for the season. All new staff and rookie QB, you should be optimistic about the future for 2024 and 2025, not ready to put everyone on the hot seat after 1 preseason game in their first year.

• Pie 1