• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hey guys, it's 2011 not 2015.

Zod

6 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Don’t understand after one mean king game why Reich concerns you. You are jumping the gun a bit on your opinion of him. 
I expect bright spots but not playoffs this year. 
Then in 2024 I expect playoff contention. 
Year 3 we are contenders. 
Unless something changes I plan to be patient. 

That preseason game has had zero effect on my opinion of Reich. I’ve had concerns about Reich all along, and all I’m saying is that if we don’t outperform last year by at least a few wins in a worse division now that we have a QB then he should be on the hot seat. This team is built and ready to start winning now, if we waste Bryce’s rookie contract we won’t ever win poo unless he somehow turns into Mahomes caliber and takes a bargain deal like Mahomes did.

The 2010 vs 2022 record doesn’t carry much weight.  2010 won 1 game because Jimmy touched the ball every game and Fox was a lameduck. 
2011 Cam won 6 games and most came late with a better OL, TEs, RBs and WR corp than Young has….while rewriting the record books. 

winning is hard for a rookie QB.  Especially without a top of the league D and HOF caliber skill guys to help the rookie find wins. 

5 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Why did we trade 5 premium players for said rookie QB if he wasn't the catalyst to put us over the top?

Because the expectation is he becomes a franchise QB and organization changer.   Like a Cam.  And you don’t make the move thinking you get the MVP caliber QB…..his rookie season.  He has to develop. 

Too many people are still shell shocked from how bad the last regime was. 

A) The gameplan was pretty bland, likely to see who could execute the basics and not give any regular season opponents game film. 

B) It is a pre-season game, and the Jets do have a very talented roster with depth. 

C) Expectations were never supposed to be high for this season. We are like 25th in the power rankings and betting odds for the SB.  THE FAN BASE CREATED THESE HIGH EXPECTATIONS.

The only thing we should be concerned about is if there isn't any progression between weeks 1 and 18 and at that point it will probably be Scott on the chopping block not Frank.

I will say that the OL performing the way it did was concerning considering how we left off last year. That was the one group I didn't expect to see any regression from. 

Edited by Cdparr7
  • Beer 4

If this team takes 3 more years to make the playoffs then I have loss faith in this franchise.

Even Frank said we are contending sooner than later. Playoffs is a must we have the roster and we play in a weak division. This is no longer the Rhule Panthers. Media praised our coaching staff all offseason.

Nah playoffs is the goal. Anything less was a failure imo.

• Beer 2
  • Poo 1

37 minutes ago, t96 said:

Sorry but gonna have to strongly disagree here. We’re coming off a 7 win season not a 2 win season, and our 2 biggest weaknesses we’re coaching and QB both of which we upgraded significantly. In this division I think anything short of a playoff appearance is a disappointment.

Reich ain't Jim Harbaugh, my friend. He's not Kyle Shanahan either. 

We weren't that good last season. We played in a weak division and played a decidedly weak schedule. Any other division, and people wouldn't even be mentioning playoffs. I'd say that a winning season would be a good start. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

If this team takes 3 more years to make the playoffs then I have loss faith in this franchise.

Even Frank said we are contending sooner than later. Playoffs is a must we have the roster and we play in a weak division. This is no longer the Rhule Panthers. Media praised our coaching staff all offseason.

Nah playoffs is the goal. Anything less was a failure imo.

We don’t have the roster yet.  Name the best two offensive players on our team.  When asked people generally will respond with some answer of well we just got a lot of good guys so that really is our advantage.  Yet for every other playoff caliber team it’s a pretty easy feat.

we play in a potentially bad division.  Sneaking in that way doesn’t make you playoff caliber. 

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

We don’t have the roster yet.  Name the best two offensive players on our team.  When asked people generally will respond with some answer of well we just got a lot of good guys so that really is our advantage.  Yet for every other playoff caliber team it’s a pretty easy feat.

we play in a potentially bad division.  Sneaking in that way doesn’t make you playoff caliber. 

Yeah we don't even really have the true personnel for a 3-4 defense yet. We also have zero proven X factor players on offense. Sanders has had a few decent years, Bryce is a rookie but everyone else would be depth guys on other rosters. We need another offseason to have the roster. 

16 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Reich ain't Jim Harbaugh, my friend. He's not Kyle Shanahan either. 

We weren't that good last season. We played in a weak division and played a decidedly weak schedule. Any other division, and people wouldn't even be mentioning playoffs. I'd say that a winning season would be a good start. 

The division is no better than last year, probably worse with Brady retired and the Bucs likely bottom feeders. 1st overall QB coming off 7 wins last year with a superstar coaching staff assembled and the expectations should be high. The pressure should be on this staff.