• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Practice Thread 8.8.23

Ricky Spanish

19 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

JJ Jansen on WFNZ (Mac and Bone are in Spartanburg) right now giving a great interview.

Just gave a subtle Bryce Young to Luke Kuechly comparison and raving about this coaching staff.

I really have grown to love JJ and his personality over the years. He's the longest tenured Panther ever and he's still really damn good at his job, even if it's just long snapping. 

Hope he sticks around in some way shape or form after he eventually retires, I'm not ready for him to do so yet.

• Pie 5

3 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I really have grown to love JJ and his personality over the years. He's the longest tenured Panther ever and he's still really damn good at his job, even if it's just long snapping. 

Hope he sticks around in some way shape or form after he eventually retires, I'm not ready for him to do so yet.

Same here. I hope we can get a couple more years out of him.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, therealmjl said:

Same here. I hope we can get a couple more years out of him.

Dude has more insight into this franchise than probably anyone, honestly. He's been through 4 coaching regime changes, 3 GMs, and 2 owners. 

Plus he's a long snapper so he just kind of gets to observe things without really being bothered. I'd love to sit and pick his brain about everything he's seen over the past 16 years. I'm sure it'd be informative. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, therealmjl said:

I will always wonder how he convinced them to join his staff

I'd have to look back but I think there were some player connections that helped.

I know Campen had been on two straight staffs whose head coaches had been fired one season after he got there. His post Green Bay career was a little hectic before he settled here.