• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Beatles

tarheelblue89

You're refuting a statement I didn't make. I never said they were the only band that could make that claim.

That's just the way it comes off when you list it as an accomplishment that sets them apart from everyone else. Quite a few bands have been around for ages and are just as influential. I read of very few guitarists who cite George Harrison as being a great influence on their playing but just about universally the likes of Keith Richards, Townshend, Clapton & yes, even Page are mentioned.

I don't discredit the Beatles influence on today's bands or their songwriting...all I said is they're the best pop band of all-time and for that I got dragged into a Beatles vs Zeppelin argument.

Damn, what is your major?

By the way..... the new DirecTV commercial is even more evidence that Elvis Pressley is the most over rated musician EVER. Man he sucks.

Yeah, what major?

I cant even recall writing a thesis. Maybe i did, but dont remember doing so.

I's a Bidness major.

fixed

Metallica and Guns N' Roses (as much as I like Gun N' Roses) shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as those English bands.

I think an argument could be made for Metallica. They have been influential on many bands. They have a TON of great songs. They are a pretty good live band (well, I've only seen them once but they were great then). They have stayed fairly relevant for the past 25 years.

Guns N' Roses may not be on the same level though. The reason is that their music catalog isn't that deep and they didn't stay together all that long. However, I'd put Appetite for Destruction up against any single album that Led Zepplin, The Beatles, Queen, or any other band and I think it would be on even footing as far as musical and lyrical quality go.

I think an argument could be made for Metallica. They have been influential on many bands. They have a TON of great songs. They are a pretty good live band (well, I've only seen them once but they were great then). They have stayed fairly relevant for the past 25 years.

Guns N' Roses may not be on the same level though. The reason is that their music catalog isn't that deep and they didn't stay together all that long. However, I'd put Appetite for Destruction up against any single album that Led Zepplin, The Beatles, Queen, or any other band and I think it would be on even footing as far as musical and lyrical quality go.

You can't be serious...

Archived