• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Beatles

tarheelblue89

Led was simply a band who discovered distortion and Muddy Waters about the same time. I like Zepplin. I really do.

But they are not in the same stratosphere as the Beatles.

Look at the Beatles as individuals. Paul, John and George, ALONE, are amazing singer songwriters. Not only that, but EACH were commercially successful. Ringo had a couple of hits but hey that's Ringo.

Now, add them all together and you have simply the most influential band of the last century and proly this one.

The things they did along with Sir George Martin will be studied and looked up for eons.

They were so good they relased an album with...NO NAME..

Imitation is the highest form of flattery. The rerecordings of their songs are just crazy endless.

Simply no contest.

I disagree completely, but you have your opinion and I have mine.

Led was simply a band who discovered distortion and Muddy Waters about the same time. I like Zepplin. I really do.

But they are not in the same stratosphere as the Beatles.

Look at the Beatles as individuals. Paul, John and George, ALONE, are amazing singer songwriters. Not only that, but EACH were commercially successful. Ringo had a couple of hits but hey that's Ringo.

Now, add them all together and you have simply the most influential band of the last century and proly this one.

The things they did along with Sir George Martin will be studied and looked up for eons.

They were so good they relased an album with...NO NAME..

Imitation is the highest form of flattery. The rerecordings of their songs are just crazy endless.

Simply no contest.

Add in Tolkien and hobby black magic and you're spot on. I love LZ, love them but I do see them for what they were/are.

Hell, one of the highlights of my concert watchin' days was seeing Jimmy play with the Black Crowes.

And the Beatles completely revolutionized pop music, from construction to conception and everything in between. If you don't like them, you have to at least respect them.

And George Harrison still gets the shaft today sadly.

Add in Tolkien and hobby black magic and you're spot on. I love LZ, love them but I do see them for what they were/are.

Hell, one of the highlights of my concert watchin' days was seeing Jimmy play with the Black Crowes.

And the Beatles completely revolutionized pop music, from construction to conception and everything in between. If you don't like them, you have to at least respect them.

And George Harrison still gets the shaft today sadly.

I don't really like the Black Crowes, but i saw this too in Raleigh because i figured it was the closest thing to seeing LZ live and it was awesome. BC did a great job. One of the best shows I've seen.

I just spent two weeks writing my 20-page final about my favorite band and listening to them nonstop. And I'm sorry but if you don't like The Beatles then you can piss off.

That is all.

Damn, what is your major?

By the way..... the new DirecTV commercial is even more evidence that Elvis Pressley is the most over rated musician EVER. Man he sucks.

Again, cover band.

First off, they didn't play note for note covers...they took ideas and in just about every case created a better song. That Spirit song they supposedly ripped off for Stairway to Heaven is laughable. It has about 6 or 7 notes in common, and that's it. Why is it that LZ's "covers" are so widely known and loved over the originals? That's generally not the case as covers go. How good could the "originals" be if just about no one has ever heard them?

Page re-made a traditional English folk song and should apologize for it? Really? Ever heard of Whiskey in the Jar (a traditional Irish folk song)? Arguably Thin Lizzy's most well-known song. Did they have to apologize for it? Nope...and I don't think Bert Jansch apologized for his “Blackwaterside” cover of the same English folk song Page recorded as Black Mountain Side.

When the topic is LZ, it's called plagiarism....change the artist to Kid Rock or any number of rappers and it's just "sampling"...which is somehow considered a different "art form".

I like both the Beatles and LZ, but given the choice, I'll listen to LZ every time because they are rock and the Beatles are pop. If you're impressed with record sales, #1 on the charts and prefer nicely formulated songs to fit a radio playlist, the Beatles are your band.

Oh, but the Beatles put out an album without a name on it. BFD, so did led zeppelin. What's that prove? Word of mouth drives sales? No poo. Someone should tell the record companies!

The Beatles are without a doubt, and without dispute, the greatest band ever.

It seems like people who think otherwise don't seem to grasp that there's a difference between overrated and a band that is just so genuinely good that it has a reason to be so widely loved for going on four generations.

My English friend was telling me he thought that the greatest band on the planet was the boys from Liverpool....the Pet Shop Boys

and he was not really kidding.

Really, you have to be a total non-western mode of thinking person to not think that the Beatles are by far the most influential music makers of all time, even though half of them are still alive. They really changed the way the world looked at popular music. Elvis opened up rock and roll to a lot of people who would not have become familiar with it otherwise, but the Beatles took pop music from what was a mostly insipid, empty form of product (Pat Boone, Paul Anka, etc.) and gave it social relevance and a far more interesting soundscape. To a certain extent, they were a product of their times, but so was Hermans Hermits. To a much greater extent, the times were a product of them, and there's not a lot of people you can say that about in history.

It seems like people who think otherwise don't seem to grasp that there's a difference between overrated and a band that is just so genuinely good that it has a reason to be so widely loved for going on four generations.

the beatles clearly are the only band that can make this claim :rolleyes:

Archived