• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Best ballpark in the Carolinas

Bobby

Obviously it's not Knights Castle, it's out of the way and it's very basic.

I like West End Field in Greenville, it even has a little Green Monster and it's dimensions mirror Fenway.

BB&T Coastal Field in MB is great, too. I've also heard good things about Five County in Zebulon.

Anyone have any favorites?

Durham Bulls Athletic facility is probably the best in the state.

Boshamer Stadium (UNC) and Doak Field (NC State) are both top notch.

If you're a big baseball fan you'd probably appreciate Newman Park in Salisbury. Newman park is on the campus of Catawba College and also host the Rowan County American Legion baseball team. Newman is a historical stadium, it's still got wooden bleachers underneath a big, metal roof. The outfield wall is only about 325 in left, 360 center and 310 in right, but the wall is 25+ feet tall all the way around. I really didn't do it justice by trying to describe it, but it's really a beautiful place to spend hot June evening.

Obviously it's not Knights Castle, it's out of the way and it's very basic.

I like West End Field in Greenville, it even has a little Green Monster and it's dimensions mirror Fenway.

BB&T Coastal Field in MB is great, too. I've also heard good things about Five County in Zebulon.

Anyone have any favorites?

I've always wanted to check out the ballpark in Greenville but never have.

I usually hit several Kannapolis Intimidators games a year though. Nothing fantastic Good bang for your buck and a fun crowd on Thirsty Thursday.

Archived