• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Moore not the answer for the future

Hairless Cat

I think Moore did fine overall yesterday, his QB rating was 8 points higher than Brady's.

He comes in at end of year, team is banged up, second start on the Road vs. Patriots. It was Cold, Rainy and windy. Not exactly ideal throwing conditions and he still did better than Jake has done this year.

I hope we either draft someone high or find a good FA pickup. But I think Moore should be given opportunity to win starting job in camp. If anything, in a run first team especially, he could be as effective as Delhomme was at his peak as a 'game manager' type. He could be a placeholder till we get that Franchise caliber QB.

Good plan. I think we should bring in several other options if money/picks permit, hopefully at least 1 FA and one draftee - AT THE LEAST. And let them battle for the starting spot with Moore. I think Cantwell has some tools and potential as well and should be given a fair shot, although I don't see him winning it.

Good plan. I think we should bring in several other options if money/picks permit, hopefully at least 1 FA and one draftee - AT THE LEAST. And let them battle for the starting spot with Moore. I think Cantwell has some tools and potential as well and should be given a fair shot, although I don't see him winning it.

If we have an all out QB battle, HBO Hard Knocks should be at Wofford next year for the drama.

Is Orton a FA? Could gamble on one of Clevelands QB's being good outside of Cleveland....

At no point in the game did he look like he is in command of the offense. He did not lead us on any drives in the second half. Brady was much more effective moving the ball.

Moore has not shown the ability to move the ball or call his own plays like in a no-huddle. The only decent drive he has put together was the first drive against tampa where everything was scripted.. He looks like he is out there not trying to screw up rather than trying to win the game. I would rather have a guy who take chances and trys to win the game, than someone who helps us lose respectably but has no chance of winning the game.

Averaging 14 1/2 points a game on offense isn't going to beat anyone in this league.

throwing 2 picks a game isn't either

Take away all the stupid penalties our team had(Illegal Motions) and different ballgame.

Bottom line he had an 82 QB rating on the road in cold wet conditions. Brady was 8 points lower. Moore didn't lose this game for us(like Jake has all year). Coaching and Penalities and playing a superior opponent on the road in tough conditions beat us.

throwing 2 picks a game isn't either

Take away all the stupid penalties our team had(Illegal Motions) and different ballgame.

Bottom line he had an 82 QB rating on the road in cold wet conditions. Brady was 8 points lower. Moore didn't lose this game for us(like Jake has all year). Coaching and Penalities and playing a superior opponent on the road in tough conditions beat us.

Passer ratings are a decent place to start but hardly definititve. Look at things like matter. Number of passing first downs, number of scoring drives, number of 40 plus yards drives. How did he look in the no huddle/ How about in the fourth quarter? You can dump the ball all game long and have big numbers but if you don't score points and extend drives, all the five yard passes on third and 7 are totally wasted.

for one passing on thrid and long dooms most qbs especially with our receiving core,blitz pickup were horrible and he didn't have a consistent running game....later on in the game the pats were not buying the PA pass.play calling was iffy also

we were 3-13 on third downs. The week before we were 3 of 11. That is only 25% which is well below our season average of 36%. They weren't buying the play action pass because we weren't passing and when we did it was a poor throw. The offense was poor before and it just got worse.

really so throw jakes 4int games in there and our offense is better seriously.....in 5 weeks what do you expect out of moore,and the play calling changes every week for some reasons.Our third down percentage sucks because run run pass doesn't work anymore especially when it turns into 3rd and long i don't care if your jake or moore asking a qb to throw on 3rd down and long sets any qb up for failure.

really so throw jakes 4int games in there and our offense is better seriously.....in 5 weeks what do you expect out of moore,and the play calling changes every week for some reasons.Our third down percentage sucks because run run pass doesn't work anymore especially when it turns into 3rd and long i don't care if your jake or moore asking a qb to throw on 3rd down and long sets any qb up for failure.

Are you boomhauer from King of Hill? You write just like he talks.

attachment.php?attachmentid=31955&d=1260858219

I can't understand a damn thing either of you say.

Archived