• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I miss Will Witherspoon

Fiz

I'm not too bitter. We have one of the better LB corps in the league. Davis and Beason will be Panthers and pro-bowlers for years to come, and the best part is...neither of them have even reached their prime. If they aren't already the best LB tandem we've had, they certainly will be.

Spoon was one of the few players that left a real impression on me after speaking with him a bit. Very bright guy, could talk about anything confidently, as opposed to some other players whose eyes would just glaze over if you bring up anything non football related.

I'm not too bitter. We have one of the better LB corps in the league. Davis and Beason will be Panthers and pro-bowlers for years to come, and the best part is...neither of them have even reached their prime. If they aren't already the best LB tandem we've had, they certainly will be.

Word. But it would be kinda cool if 'Spoon was to come back & play alongside with Davis and Beason. :thumbsup:

A fellow I know was his teammate on the Rams and said Will is one of the greatest fellows you'll ever meet. And the guy defines the Will position linebacker. Love to have him back with us, but Beason, Davis and Diggs are pretty good as a group.

And fellows, let's face it, Diggs is a heck of a linebacker, too. He does a lot more than he is ever given credit for.

I had no idea how good Witherspoon was. Guy seems to always be around the ball, he is a huge part of the Eagles defense and a great fit and has done a great job helping out at weak side LB and MLB due to injuries.

I know the Rams have to miss him...read an article where their Rushing YPG allowed has gone up 27% since he left and the YPC allowed has gone from 4.28 to 5.68.

With the LB crew supposed to be healthy next year I don't know what the Eagles plans are for him but I hope he sticks around.

Archived