• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Applying to law school is stressful

the butch

Yeah I'm trying to get into Chapel Hill myself. I took the LSAT this past Saturday as well. Now I'm cramming for all of my exams because I spent the past month doing the bare minimum of work required in my classes because I was doing a practice exam every day.

Then why are you wasting time on teh interwebz? Wasting time on the internets is for when you have a job.

Bama,

Yeah, it is a wide range. But I figured I would be on the safe side. I feel confident with WF and up. However, Chapel Hill and Duke are iffy. People with outstanding credentials don't always get in, same goes with UVA. Figured I would have a back-up. Plus it's awesome getting all those phone calls! Haha.

Smoot,

Same! Man, it's been crazy. For the past month and a half I neglected all of my classes, which explains the two B's I got this semester. The December 5th LSAT was relatively easy I thought. What did you think? Now I'm just waiting on my scores to see if I need to retake so i can get more scholly money. Where are you applying to?

Bama,

Yeah, it is a wide range. But I figured I would be on the safe side. I feel confident with WF and up. However, Chapel Hill and Duke are iffy. People with outstanding credentials don't always get in, same goes with UVA. Figured I would have a back-up. Plus it's awesome getting all those phone calls! Haha.

Smoot,

Same! Man, it's been crazy. For the past month and a half I neglected all of my classes, which explains the two B's I got this semester. The December 5th LSAT was relatively easy I thought. What did you think? Now I'm just waiting on my scores to see if I need to retake so i can get more scholly money. Where are you applying to?

Yeah I thought it was fairly easy. But that was somewhat to be expected. The September LSAT curve was 11 (for a 170, meaning it was hard as balls) so I expected this one to be easier from the start. But that means a smaller curve too. I'd like to get a 170, but as long as I score a 165+ I'll be happy. That should be enough to give me a good shot at getting in. UNC loves in-state students after all.

Right now UNC is the only school I'm looking at. I don't really believe in safety schools, because I feel like if I only apply to one of my top choices I'm more motivated to put in the work necessary to make certain that I get accepted. I'm also weird, so don't pattern your application techniques after mine, whatever you do. But if I score high enough I might shoot for a school like Duke. Even though I hate Duke.

Archived