• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Applying to law school is stressful

the butch

This is my last year of undergrad and I just took the December LSAT. Classes are about out for the fall semester and I have to get started on personal statements and finalizing applications. To top it off a bunch of my peers have been getting acceptance calls. The whole process is long, tedious and aggravating. I'm nervous and excited, and I want it to be over and sit comfortably waiting on acceptances.

*Smacks self for taking the LSAT in December*

Anyways, just a vent post and sharing my feelings. Feel free to open up your own grievances.

I guess I'll look out for 2shy in the future. Haha, other than the fact it is probably one of the best educations you can receive, I plan on going into Sports Law or Corporate Law. We make the world go round. And seeing as how the legal system is the very bedrock of our society, it makes since to have comprehensive knowledge about it's inner workings. That answer your question?

stressing/dealing with calls and paperwork -- isn't that pretty much the career of a lawyer?

That part doesn't really bother me. It's just the build-up to actually getting in. Exciting time right now.

I guess my arrogant reason for going to law school is that I'm too smart to not. Yeah, the money is also good. But it's never really been a big factor. There are tons of other professions I could go into without a J.D.

well brotha not everybody can get in....I had some smart friends of mine that couldn't get in...and when you do it is expensive and hard work, but worth it if it's your dream....if not, please don't settle for a para legal that can't pass the bar...find something else..

I've applied to a lot of schools. This, in order of prestige, is: Duke, UVA, Chapel Hill, WF, UK, UT, GA, USC (the fake one), Campbell, Elon, Charleston, and NCCU.

I know, it's A LOT of schools. I'll be writing nothing but personal statements over my Christmas break. I also thought about applying to Yale just so I could get a rejection letter, haha.

I've applied to a lot of schools. This, in order of prestige, is: Duke, UVA, Chapel Hill, WF, UK, UT, GA, USC (the fake one), Campbell, Elon, Charleston, and NCCU.

I know, it's A LOT of schools. I'll be writing nothing but personal statements over my Christmas break. I also thought about applying to Yale just so I could get a rejection letter, haha.

That's quite a range of schools . . . top 10 to the third or fourth tier. I applied to UVa (got my rejection letter quickly) and ended up going to Alabama. You may want to consider it. It is a top 15 public law school now and has been tied with UNC on many of the latest rankings.

Good luck.

Archived