• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

xbox help

sunbunny

A wireless adapter. Microsoft sells a wireless adapter for the Xbox 360, but it's about $100. But I think you can just plug in any old adapter and plug it in to the 360's USB port. Double check with the Geeks at Best Buy. If you don't have a wireless network set up, he's buggered.

Buy the $100 wireless adapter.

Subscribe to xbox Live.

That's about it. Setup is pretty simple out of the box.

G should be sufficient for you. Get that working first. If you find the signal isn't strong enough later...you'll know you'll have to upgrade your wireless router. His G would probably still work fine, but then you could decide to upgrade to the xbox wireless N adapter. Not necessary...but it's an option.

Or, get him a PS3. Built-in Wi-Fi, the network is free. And because you are getting into the next gen game a little late, like I was, Sony has announced that PS3 will have a shelf life of about 10 years. Meaning it will probably be relevant until 2016. Don't know how long Xbox 360 will be around. Plus he gets a home entertainment console.

Or, get him a PS3. Built-in Wi-Fi, the network is free. And because you are getting into the next gen game a little late, like I was, Sony has announced that PS3 will have a shelf life of about 10 years. Meaning it will probably be relevant until 2016. Don't know how long Xbox 360 will be around. Plus he gets a home entertainment console.

DoubleFacePalm.jpg

Sony also just announced that the PS3 will cure cancer.

Archived