• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL's biggest rip offs - Jake and Pep are #1

grateflday

Haynesworth's 2009 salary is $6 million base pay with a $5 million signing bonus. That's $5 million less than Peppers.

Yeah, but after this abomination of a season we can say "later" if we so choose and we owe him nothing more. That's 16.7 off the books.

If the Redskins don't like Haynesworth they are pretty much fonked.

funny how the article mentions the contracts will hurt the team for years to come. really? peppers contract ends this year and delhomme's really isn't that bad, especially going into an uncapped year.

also not having signed delhomme wouldn't have magically made a capable NFL QB appear from thin air. we don't have a draft pick and even before we signed delhomme didn't have the cap space for a top 10 QB

Damn man it seems like you get it. I mean really get it. Everyone acts like they knew that Jake would emplode and would have another Ari type game which even though he did you cant predict that that will happen. And who was left to sign? Vick, Even though I would have took him cause I like football more than dogs nobody else wanted him and wasn't a lot of options left. So in hindsight it was stupid but what isn't after it goes wrong?

Jake didn't have to be signed to an extension. He was already under contract through the end of this season. We didn't need to sign Vick or any other QB. The claim of cap-savings of 3MM is BS. If Hurney is such a genius they could have saved that $ somewhere else. Smart man would have evaluated Jake this season before offering an extension. I doubt he would have been a hot item on the open market and if he did well we could have signed him after the season, potentially upcapped like you say. Hurney and Fox fugged up big time.

Archived