• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Looking Different

Wolfcop

38 minutes ago, Brent Gregory said:

Why does he get so much grief about his frame. At the combine cj outweighed him by 11 pounds but was 4 inches taller. Trevor Lawrence Weighs around 210 and is over 6'5. If you add  6 pounds per inch in height these guys would be well below 200 pounds. 

Because people are lazy and have predetermined thoughts that they stubbornly won’t let go of.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Brent Gregory said:

Why does he get so much grief about his frame. At the combine cj outweighed him by 11 pounds but was 4 inches taller. Trevor Lawrence Weighs around 210 and is over 6'5. If you add  6 pounds per inch in height these guys would be well below 200 pounds. 

That is a very good point actually!

On 7/2/2023 at 12:22 AM, Eric4280 said:

Because people are lazy and have predetermined thoughts that they stubbornly won’t let go of.

That if you believe he was really 204 lbs. The Combine saw him weigh in at 204 but not throw. Then for his Pro Day he threw but didn't weigh in. Colleges generally overestimate someone's weight so I'd guess Bryce was probably less than 185 while playing. 

It is a fact, that if someone 300 lbs lands on someone who is 260 lbs, the 260 lb person is less likely to be hurt than someone who is 190 lbs. That's what everyone is worried about and until the season begins, we don't really know if it's a valid concern or not. 

• Pie 1

On 7/2/2023 at 12:22 AM, Eric4280 said:

I did not like his small frame, but guess what happened when the panthers FO choose him. The frame didnt matter anymore. The strength guys look like they already started to build him up. Besides, one bad mofo warren sapp didnt bench or workout that much....he said" I dont see any benches on the field". He tossed OLmen around easy. Young just has to be ready, call the play, and do what the play design for. Hes doesnt look like cam or some lean DE monster. He can spin it and seems to be very smart too. Glad i didnt make the pick, given my limited information. 

2 hours ago, Basbear said:

I did not like his small frame, but guess what happened when the panthers FO choose him. The frame didnt matter anymore. The strength guys look like they already started to build him up. Besides, one bad mofo warren sapp didnt bench or workout that much....he said" I dont see any benches on the field". He tossed OLmen around easy. Young just has to be ready, call the play, and do what the play design for. Hes doesnt look like cam or some lean DE monster. He can spin it and seems to be very smart too. Glad i didnt make the pick, given my limited information. 

Believe me when I say; I bet there's quite a few of us who feel the same way. lol

• Flames 1

6 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

That if you believe he was really 204 lbs. The Combine saw him weigh in at 204 but not throw. Then for his Pro Day he threw but didn't weigh in. Colleges generally overestimate someone's weight so I'd guess Bryce was probably less than 185 while playing. 

It is a fact, that if someone 300 lbs lands on someone who is 260 lbs, the 260 lb person is less likely to be hurt than someone who is 190 lbs. That's what everyone is worried about and until the season begins, we don't really know if it's a valid concern or not. 

I’ve argued this for the 3 months leading up to it. What changes in the nfl vs ncaaf? Strength and conditioning? He’ll also get stronger (case in point). He’s battled with 300 lb guys. Hasn’t died yet. Cam had his career taken away too soon and he was as big as you’d want a qb. Is it IDEAL for Bryce to be this size? Probably not. But making it such a huge deal has been so lazily overblown.

• Pie 3

lol reading some of these comments, made me wonder… what would the reaction be to a 5’10” qb weighing in at a husky 235? 

what are our expectations as fans??

for Bryce to grow 5” overnight?

.. that would be weird

would eveyone be satisfied if he should up for camp +50lbs girthy af?

just love the man for who he is

#keeppounding

• Pie 3

15 hours ago, scpanther22 said:

He'll probably never want to see grilled chicken again by the time the weight staff is done with him lol

If he hung around me, hed put a KevBenj and Id hate myself.... He just needs to eat and work....then eat AGAIN!!! Toss in a few beers and BOOOM, hes the backup right tackle!!11!!1

• Beer 1

16 hours ago, Eric4280 said:

I’ve argued this for the 3 months leading up to it. What changes in the nfl vs ncaaf? Strength and conditioning? He’ll also get stronger (case in point). He’s battled with 300 lb guys. Hasn’t died yet. Cam had his career taken away too soon and he was as big as you’d want a qb. Is it IDEAL for Bryce to be this size? Probably not. But making it such a huge deal has been so lazily overblown.

Agreed. It's all about how you play the game.  Josh Allen is headed for the same fate as Cam Newton.  He wasn't the same after his shoulder injury last year either.  

Tua is a good comparison, but knock on Tua is that he holds onto the ball too long and is not a great processor.  

Bryce just has to be smart, avoid big hits and play his game.  He'll be fine.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

37 minutes ago, NAS said:

Agreed. It's all about how you play the game.  Josh Allen is headed for the same fate as Cam Newton.  He wasn't the same after his shoulder injury last year either.  

Tua is a good comparison, but knock on Tua is that he holds onto the ball too long and is not a great processor.  

Bryce just has to be smart, avoid big hits and play his game.  He'll be fine.

Exactly exactly. He’s always been at size disadvantage. And the rules in the NFL are much stricter than NCAAF. Brains always win.

On 7/2/2023 at 6:30 PM, Wolfcop said:

Bryce did come in on the thin side, but he looks to be making strides in putting on bulk. Nothing he can do about 5’10”, but the way he works, I bet he is a legit 210 by the ‘24 season. 

I think 210 is a bit heavy for him. Dude can have a long solid career at 200-205 range 

• Pie 1