• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So our sister team is getting a new stadium?

TheBigKat

On 6/8/2023 at 4:53 PM, chknwing said:

why shouldnt they get a new stadium,  they did goto the super bowl. oh wait.

fans GIF

I always thought this guy looks like he failed trying to start his own boy band in Orlando then moved slightly north to Jacksonville to open a dumpy ice cream shop that is doing barely marginal but he was too dumb to realize he opened it up across the street from a Dairy Queen and next door to a Jenny Craig

• Pie 1

On 6/8/2023 at 3:38 PM, CamWhoaaCam said:

Im just here to say Florida doesn't deserve 3 NFL teams.

Why?

California has the largest population (39 million) of any state and has 3 teams.  Texas is 2nd (30) on that list and they have 2, Florida is 3rd (22) and have 3, New York is 4th (19) and they also have 3, then a sizable population drop (from 19.6 million to 12.9) to Pennsylvania who has 2 teams, then Illinois (12) who only has the 1, and then Ohio (11) who has 2.  

After that, Georgia, North Carolina, and Michigan are the only other states with 10+ million population, but all under 11 million which the above states all at least have.

So just from a population standpoint there is no real reason they shouldn't have 3 teams, then add in that it's a warm location and I don't think there is anything wrong with it.  If anything, the argument shouldn't be that Florida doesn't deserve 3, but that Texas should have a 3rd given their population size.

Now if you want to say they don't deserve 3 teams just because the state is freaking crazy, then that's a different argument that I can't fault, LOL

Edited by tukafan21

Just now, tukafan21 said:

Why?

California has the largest population of any state and has 3 teams.  Texas is 2nd on that list and they have 2, Florida is 3rd and have 3, New York is 4th and they also have 3, then a sizable population drop (from 19.6 million to 12.9) to Pennsylvania who has 2 teams, Illinois who only has the 1, and then Ohio who has 2.  

After that, Georgia, North Carolina, and Michigan are the only other states with 10+ million population, but all under 11 million which the above states all at least have.

So just from a population standpoint there is no real reason they shouldn't have 3 teams, then add in that it's a warm location and I don't think there is anything wrong with it.  If anything, the argument shouldn't be that Florida doesn't deserve 3, but that Texas should have a 3rd given their population size.

Now if you want to say they don't deserve 3 teams just because the state is freaking crazy, then that's a different argument that I can't fault, LOL

Because I said so. 

Know-youre-role-and-shut-your-mouth GIFs - Get the best GIF ...

• Pie 2

13 hours ago, Ricky Prickles said:

I always thought this guy looks like he failed trying to start his own boy band in Orlando then moved slightly north to Jacksonville to open a dumpy ice cream shop that is doing barely marginal but he was too dumb to realize he opened it up across the street from a Dairy Queen and next door to a Jenny Craig

Hoping you weren't the only one with that story?

• Flames 1

On 6/8/2023 at 2:23 PM, TheBigKat said:

https://www.jaguars.com/news/jaguars-unveil-plans-for-stadium-of-the-future

Crazy how getting a transcendent player (Lawerence) changes everything

they went from tarps to unveiling an incredible stadium plan

That'll be the nicest thing in North Florida by far lol.  And I guess that nixes the idea of the Jags moving to London full time. 

2 hours ago, rayzor said:

Hoping you weren't the only one with that story?

I fear I am but that is just the impression I get when I see him. It could have been an ice cream shop or one of those smoothie places that pretend to be healthy but just make blubber shakes filled with sugar and crap but hide behind a healthy fitness name like "Super Berry Muscle Blast"

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

On 6/8/2023 at 5:15 PM, Captain Morgan said:

either way, it looks like all the talk about the Jags moving to London wasn't as much of a thing as some thought

Or the Panthers rumours of of moving to LA prior to the Rams /Chargers relocation prior to SoFi being built.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2012/11/11/carolina-panthers-los-angeles-jerry-richardson/1697425/

On 6/12/2023 at 8:24 AM, joemac said:

That'll be the nicest thing in North Florida by far lol.  And I guess that nixes the idea of the Jags moving to London full time. 

Deal is not done yet.  They are now campaigning.  As I said before...city has to approve their funds which could take a year.

• Pie 1

On 6/8/2023 at 4:33 PM, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

Panther fans really love shitty ass BoA for some reason.

I went to a Panthers-Falcons game a few years back and it was crazy how better that stadium is than BoA.

I love football.

I"m a Panthers fan.

But I would happily watch my team play on an old practice field in high school grade bleachers with porta pottys for restrooms if it meant public tax dollars desperately needed for things like our kids schools didn't get spent instead to build stadiums for an absurdly profitable sports league.

• Beer 1