• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

MW2 WTF moments

Doc Holiday

I had my first "I wish I recorded that moment and put it on YouTube so I could get a million hits" tonight.

Ok I"m playing team hc on Faleva(sp?) it's early on in the game we got the top spawn and I'm watching the right side to make sure we aren't gettin flanked, and then I hear a sniper shot, then I hear another and then another, I look to my right in my attempt find the source of the sound and to my surprise there is a sniper crouched down next to me at point blank range I pause for a moment in pure shock that he hasn't killed me yet and he fires another shot and misses again, and then I finally kill him with a burst from my gun.

I seriously believe that guy was the worse sniper on xbox live to miss me that many times.

That was my WTF moment. What's yours?

The sniper rifle sure is hard as hell on this. Can only hold your breathe a short amount of time. And if you dont, it's wobbly. Another bad thing is if you don't hold your breathe and try to shoot someone that runs across your scope, most of the time you miss. Or by the time you hold down the L3 button to take a breathe, the guy is gone. It's so unrealistic. What sniper has to hold their breathe in order to make a good shot? And the wobbliness of the gun is too much.

The sniper rifle sure is hard as hell on this. Can only hold your breathe a short amount of time. And if you dont, it's wobbly. Another bad thing is if you don't hold your breathe and try to shoot someone that runs across your scope, most of the time you miss. Or by the time you hold down the L3 button to take a breathe, the guy is gone. It's so unrealistic. What sniper has to hold their breathe in order to make a good shot? And the wobbliness of the gun is too much.
True fact: military snipers hold they're breath to steady they're aim before taking a shot. But they can hold they're breath longer then 5 seconds.

Also if this was cod4 I would agree with you because I've had moments where I've dropped whole clips on more then one time in a round without hitting a thing, but I've never had the game make me miss more then 1 shot per clip in this game.

I've had a couple of times where I've been the giver and the receiver in the Pulp Fiction moments.

Barge in...fire a complete and beautiful outline of the bad guy in the wall just behind him. He pauses...fires...I'm dead. Reverse that as it's happened to me as well.

Not sure if they are WTF moments, but I laugh my ass of when I am confronted by a guy with a riot shield. Usually we just stand their for a couple seconds, just looking at each other to see who moves first.

The Riot shields are funny. If I can't get around the shield to get a shot off or knife, I'll just run away...Laughing

steady aim pro lets you hold your breath longer.

also if your sensitivity is high enough, and you can control it, it doesn't wobble as much when you move it, so you can do a quick rough aim, then take breath, then hit.

i think i hate it more when the breath runs out cuz you're holding out for a guy to poke his head out again, and it wobbles all over the place. i thought these snipers had the two leg things on the bottom. there needs to be like, less of a whiplash from it in prone. and if there already is, then i need to be in prone more.

also, seems you use a ps3. i'm not trying to rag on ps3 or trying to start a console war or some stupid sh*t like that, but one thing i've noticed is that the ps3 analog sticks feel a lot looser than the 360 ones. and the close proximity of them also feels weird. like on an xbox controller, it feels like you're using wasd on a keyboard for the left stick and mouse for the right. on a ps3, it feels like using the arrow keys for left, and mouse for right. just awkward. but yeah, regardless, try tinkering with the sensitivity or whatever, it might help.

edit: lol forgot my wtf moment

my wtf moment would have to be less of an actual gameplay one, but a headset one.

there was one round where i was doing pretty decent, but some of the enemy killstreak rewards were getting annoying. i noticed there was a new guy on our team playing and had like 0 kills and 10 deaths. and so i decided to follow him around to make sure he wasn't a dummy booster. turns out, he just sucked. i had a silenced gun, and literally watched this guy run from building to building walking past enemies and never shooting them. i ended up serving as this guy's bodyguard for the rest of the round. i remember once, he went into a building with a poo load of enemies. the uav was red as hell. i remember going "NO <gamertag>, DON'T GO IN THERE" and out of no where i hear "No man, I have to do this, it's the only way". Couple seconds later, you see 4 people die from grenade kills along with himself. I've never LOL'd so hard on xbox live.

I'm with you on the sniper rifle. I don't think I've ever gotten a one shot one kill deal with the sniper rifle...except if I get a head shot. The problem is that after you fire the first shot (at least with the lower level sniper rifles), the scope is bouncing all over the place and it's next to impossible to hit someone again before they take off running. With the higer level sniper rifles, I usually just hold my breath and fire off at least two shots to make sure I get the kill. Those rifles aren't as screwed up as the intervention.

As for a WTF moment in this game...I've had a few. But the one that really made me laugh was when I was being fired upon by two guys who were in a bunker (for the life of me I can't remember the name of the map). They were missing me horribly but I had just unloaded a clip on somebody coming out of there so I didn't have time to reload...so I just threw a semtek and hoped for the best. At the same time one of my teammates decided to storm the bunker. The semtek stuck to his back (I didn't mean to do this btw) and he ran in like a suicide bomber. So I killed two enemies and a teammate at the same time. I did get the "Friends with Benefits" title though so it worked out.

I just was playing team death match on Quarry. I had just gotten a care package and while i was going outside to use it, I killed someone else. So I had a sentry gun and a care package. So I called them both in. While I was getting the sentry gun the other care package came down and hit me in the head and I died.

Archived