• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Women in the NBA?Stern thinks so

scpanther22

I don't remember hearing any woman say she wants to play in the NBA, the question was posed to the commish.

The great thing about pro sports is that it is about as close as we can get to a situation where, regardless of superficial traits, if you can do the job at the highest level, you play....and get paid.

If a woman proves she can hack it, and wants the job, it would be foolish for an NBA team NOT to put her on the roster, and equally foolish for the commish to rule it out out of hand.

The question is....CAN a woman hack it?

Dunno. It is a different game. No above the rim stuff. Movement. Pick and roll. Shot selection. Less physicality/back to the rim stuff.

At first blush it doesn't seem likely, but some superfast superstrong deadeyed beast may prove us "experts" wrong.

Remember when the international player was a joke?

Look at an NBA roster these days......

this is a open mind.

fuging moron.

so are you a bull dyke or male pig?

watch this and replace with shea ralph and thats my True story. Shea did all but vag bag me and Ive held my own against college football/baseball/basketball players on a B-ball court. She easily could have had a great day that day, but it seem to be normal for her.

http://www.comedycentral.com/videos/index.jhtml?videold=11927

if you have a closed mind dont brother with any of my posts. I will put up $1,000 that I could easily find a woman to destroy you. Ill setup it up and get the local papers/TV, so there will be audience for all to see. It will be for charity. Deal?

plus go back and re-read what a stated(yes the grammar is hard on the eyes). I didnt say the womens team would win. They'd just give the men a game. Maybe not the first 5 games, but one would get close. plus I said it would take a very rare woman, one comes every 200 years. Women have closed the gap and many between events and in the next 500-1,000,000 years they may be equal or even pass in select events. like it or not. modern technology allows women more help. women do what they do without much testosterone. Thats a shot away. bone-wise women have less mass which = less weight. lots of other factors as well that may/may not help given time.

Just like stern and I, others will MUCH more experience feel the same and have a open mind. steve frinkin kerr made a living in NBA and was no more athetic than the common ymcaer. he play around 10 mins and hit jump shots. didnt even have to shower. off to look at NBA rosters

if you have a closed mind dont brother with any of my posts. I will put up $1,000 that I could easily find a woman to destroy you. Ill setup it up and get the local papers/TV, so there will be audience for all to see. It will be for charity. Deal?

Cat's a woman, 2shy.

my male team: Damon Jones, Patrick Mills, Jeraine Taylor, Sasha Vujacic, Brent Berry.

WNBA team: Diana Taurasi, Sue Bird, Lauren Jackson, Candace Paker, Tamika Cathings.

give me that and coach pop, sloan, jackson......3 weeks of practice and shock tha world!!!!

so are you a bull dyke or male pig?

watch this and replace with shea ralph and thats my True story. Shea did all but vag bag me and Ive held my own against college football/baseball/basketball players on a B-ball court. She easily could have had a great day that day, but it seem to be normal for her.

http://www.comedycentral.com/videos/index.jhtml?videold=11927

plus go back and re-read what a stated(yes the grammar is hard on the eyes). I didnt say the womens team would win. They'd just give the men a game. Maybe not the first 5 games, but one would get close. plus I said it would take a very rare woman, one comes every 200 years. Women have closed the gap and many between events and in the next 500-1,000,000 years they may be equal or even pass in select events. like it or not. modern technology allows women more help. women do what they do without much testosterone. Thats a shot away. bone-wise women have less mass which = less weight. lots of other factors as well that may/may not help given time.

Just like stern and I, others will MUCH more experience feel the same and have a open mind. steve frinkin kerr made a living in NBA and was no more athetic than the common ymcaer. he play around 10 mins and hit jump shots. didnt even have to shower. off to look at NBA rosters

I get what you are saying 2shy..But I dont agree.Women IMO dont have a place on the court in the NBA.

Just out of curiosity..how do you feel about the Women Football League

my male team: Damon Jones, Patrick Mills, Jeraine Taylor, Sasha Vujacic, Brent Berry.

WNBA team: Diana Taurasi, Sue Bird, Lauren Jackson, Candace Paker, Tamika Cathings.

give me that and coach pop, sloan, jackson......3 weeks of practice and shock tha world!!!!

Ok you're putting the best of the best female basketball players against scrub NBA players. I'd still bet on the NBA

rock climbing is "male sport" right? maybe more manly than basketball.

Tori Allen(female) beat EVERYONE at the X-games, o and she was 14.

It's not about being a male sport or a female sport. It's about the competition differences between the sexes.

Ok you're putting the best of the best female basketball players against scrub NBA players. I'd still bet on the NBA

It's not about being a male sport or a female sport. It's about the competition differences between the sexes.

When I say shock the world that means the WT scores 15 in a game of 21. Still you dont believe if they played 2,000 games, if by some miracle the WNBAers win one?

Archived