• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Women in the NBA?Stern thinks so

scpanther22

I totally understand that man and woman are not equal, no matter what some uppy bull dyke says(same gos for a clueless male pig).

This will kill my man card status, but I believe if you take the best five player women team versus the last 5 guys in the whole NBA. It would be close, depending on rules. Anyone playing ball against women(not girls), you still have can out muscle/back down them. a woman could easily play in the NFL as a kicker. i believe the NHL as already had a female goalie. some of those softball pros, would give scrub A baller all they could handle. You get the once in a lifetime 1 of 7,000,000,000 woman mixed with modern technology...........

babe zaharias was one bad ass broad.

I totally understand that man and woman are not equal, no matter what some uppy bull dyke says(same gos for a clueless male pig).

This will kill my man card status, but I believe if you take the best five player women team versus the last 5 guys in the whole NBA. It would be close, depending on rules. Anyone playing ball against women(not girls), you still have can out muscle/back down them. a woman could easily play in the NFL as a kicker. i believe the NHL as already had a female goalie. some of those softball pros, would give scrub A baller all they could handle. You get the once in a lifetime 1 of 7,000,000,000 woman mixed with modern technology...........

babe zaharias was one bad ass broad.

I know you are tring to make an argument, but this would not be close at all.

I am willing to bet that the best 5 players in the WNBA would not beat Belmont Abbey men's team.

f**king moron.

hahhahahahahahahahahahahaha

I am thinking the best 5 women in the WNBA would lose to the best 5 women in men's college ball.

the point is...if they want their own leagues....WNBA, LPGA etc etc etc...and specifically say that men can not compete in them, then stay the hell out of the NBA and the PGA etc. If they want access to them, then give men access to theirs...you want equality...then make it equal across the boards!

Isn't it a slap in the WNBA's face if one of their players basically says that the league isn't competitive enough for them?

Also, if there's never any dominant players in that league then the level of play would never really improve.

Of course it is. They fought hard to get the WNBA, now they want to cross over to the NBA?

I doubt any women want to cross over. It would be a debacle.

Golf would be much easier although still difficult. In golf, hitting it 330 is an advantage but not necessary to win. The fact that Tom Watson nearly won the open shows that touch and form can overcome strength to some extent.

Not in the NBA, not even close.

I don't remember hearing any woman say she wants to play in the NBA, the question was posed to the commish.

The great thing about pro sports is that it is about as close as we can get to a situation where, regardless of superficial traits, if you can do the job at the highest level, you play....and get paid.

If a woman proves she can hack it, and wants the job, it would be foolish for an NBA team NOT to put her on the roster, and equally foolish for the commish to rule it out out of hand.

The question is....CAN a woman hack it?

Dunno. It is a different game. No above the rim stuff. Movement. Pick and roll. Shot selection. Less physicality/back to the rim stuff.

At first blush it doesn't seem likely, but some superfast superstrong deadeyed beast may prove us "experts" wrong.

Remember when the international player was a joke?

Look at an NBA roster these days......

sure...just like women that want to be cops and firemen etc. All of a sudden the entry standards get lowered and they throw out quotas etc. Best person for the job, sure, but let's make sure we measure them all on the same playing field.

Archived