• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft lottery talk

CamWhoaaCam

I think Scoot will wreak havoc on defenses in the NBA. Everyone collapsed on him so far but in the league with half way good shooters he will get to the rim or find the open guy. Finding shooters will be easier than finding an elite pg that can break a defense down with the skills he has now let alone when he develops a better shooting percentage. 

17 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

It's a huge plus to me than Scoot is already working out with a future HoF PG in Curry.  Helps him see what it takes to be great at the next level.

https://www.si.com/nba/warriors/news/watch-steph-curry-trains-with-scoot-henderson

I'm kind of leaning Scoot at this point.  Let's get our backcourt set and use our other picks to move up or trade for some vet players.  

Better get some SHOOTERS!

Im fine with the pairing but these 2 dudes are playmakers and love to find the open guy. We don't exactly have snipers on this team.

Couple things why did Brandon Miller have a hand gun?  Next why did he give this hand gun to someone else?  Why? Seriously?  It’s not like borrowing a Diet Pepsi.

So naturally the Hornets plan to completely ignore this and take him over a better player.  

If so, I mean the decisions these guys make are so asinine and stupid.  I hope Miller does well but why even take that risk?  I can’t understand it

Edited by Shocker

4 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Couple things why did Brandon Miller have a hand gun?  Next why did he give this hand gun to someone else?  Why? Seriously?  It’s not like borrowing a Diet Pepsi.

So naturally the Hornets plan to completely ignore this and take him over a better player.  

If so, I mean the decisions these guys make are so asinine and stupid.  I hope Miller does well but why even take that risk?  I can’t understand it

The hand gun wasn't his. His friend asked him to bring him the handgun.

Now I have a question for you...

Why aren't you questioning the kid who actually committed the crime?

5 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

The hand gun wasn't his. His friend asked him to bring him the handgun.

Now I have a question for you...

Why aren't you questioning the kid who actually committed the crime?

Man they just went through off the court stuff with Bridges.  I am not prepared to ignore this.  If this wasn’t even out there I would take Scoot but knowing this makes this a no brainer.  If Miller ends up in trouble there won’t be any excuses for this move.  Again, he is a kid but he better stay clean and improve a lot as a player.

Edited by Shocker

1 hour ago, carpanfan96 said:

If you draft Scoot, how do you fix the defense and outside shooting for the team? One of the worst teams defensively and the worst outside shooting team in the NBA. 

Today's NBA, you need to be able to switch and shoot the 3. Explain how it works with Lamelo and scoot defensively and how scoot improves the shooting when he won't have the ball. 

You realize losing Bridges, the guy who could get to the rim at will, really messed with our floor spacing. Bridges was always a threat and because of this, people were open at the 3 point line. Once we lost him, the Hornets seriously played hot potato at the 3 point line and shot uncontested shots. We were so much of a better team with him and Borrego. Clifford turned it around at the end of the season with the help of Marc Williams and Nic Richards but we struggled without that guy that got to the rim.  

Edited by Cam Lawter

Jay Bilas on ESPN just said Miller is the best player after Wemby.  Likes how he progressed going to the basket last season.  Throwed some shade on Scoots shooting but felt like he sees some separation between Miller and Scoot.  Interesting 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Shocker said:

Man they just went through off the court stuff with Bridges.  I am not prepared to ignore this.  If this wasn’t even out there I would take Scoot but knowing this makes this a no brainer.  If Miller ends up in trouble there won’t be any excuses for this move.  Again, he is a kid but he better stay clean and improve a lot as a player.

I understand your concern. So in other words you will root against Miller if he is the pick?

9 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I understand your concern. So in other words you will root against Miller if he is the pick?

Course not… I hope Miller becomes Kevin Durant which isn’t out of the realm of possibility.  He does have great skills especially as a shooter…no pun intended 

Edited by Shocker