• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young Speaks With Panthers Legend Jake Delhomme

TheCasillas

1 hour ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Good owners don’t meddle. Tepper doesn’t meddle. Obviously he shouldn’t have hired Rhule, but it was just part of the learning curve. I’d say he learned from his mistake and did better the second time, at least as far as we can tell so far. 

I agree 100%. Well stated.

• Pie 2

5 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Good owners don’t meddle. Tepper doesn’t meddle. Obviously he shouldn’t have hired Rhule, but it was just part of the learning curve. I’d say he learned from his mistake and did better the second time, at least as far as we can tell so far. 

You have a point , I just wish Riech and co would throw Cam a bone, and prove to him the Rhule shenanigans are gone , and try to mend the relationship, of course there could be things the fans don't know also, but Supercam should be involved with the team in some capacity 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Day1PanthersFan said:

You have a point , I just wish Riech and co would throw Cam a bone, and prove to him the Rhule shenanigans are gone , and try to mend the relationship, of course there could be things the fans don't know also, but Supercam should be involved with the team in some capacity 

Cam is the Past. Sure, he was a glorious part of that past, but his time here has come to an end as a player. 

Now if Cam is done playing. I'm sure, just like Luke, Jake, and Smitty he would be welcomed home. 

It seems, at least as of right now anyway, that Cam still has that drive to play. That just won't be here. At least not this year what with Dalton, Bryce, Matt, and Eason all under contract. 

Wishing Cam the best, until he decides to hang em up. Then part 2 of the Cam story can commence. And there sure are a lot of us who would welcome him back home. I tell ya what.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Day1PanthersFan said:

I can agree to that. Cam’s my all time favorite and I’d hate for there to be any hard feelings. Hope he is brought back into the fold like Smitty and is a presence with the team again. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, JawnyBlaze said:

I can agree to that. Cam’s my all time favorite and I’d hate for there to be any hard feelings. Hope he is brought back into the fold like Smitty and is a presence with the team again. 

There is a very large contingent of Panther fans who absolutely LOVE Cam. And almost all of them would welcome him home when his playing days are over. But there are a few hard core Cam fans who just know he still has something in the tank, and needs to come home to finish his career where it started. 

It seems Hero's have a tough time of it. 

2 hours ago, Day1PanthersFan said:

I love Cam as much as anyone. But you don't introduce him back into the locker room after drafting your new QB first overall and trading what you did in the process. It just isn't fair to Bryce or him. It would be like trying to bring back Delhomme in some capacity after selecting Cam first overall in 2011. You move on right now and honor Newton when the time comes and make no mistake he absolutely deserves that and it will be a great day for the Panthers.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

9 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

There is a very large contingent of Panther fans who absolutely LOVE Cam. And almost all of them would welcome him home when his playing days are over. But there are a few hard core Cam fans who just know he still has something in the tank, and needs to come home to finish his career where it started. 

It seems Hero's have a tough time of it. 

I honestly think he does have something left in the tank and no doubt there are at least a few teams he is better than the starter, but not here. It’s Young’s team now and whether Cam would intend it or not, his presence would cause some discord. Among fans if nothing else. 

But nfw he wouldn’t start on the Bucs, 9ers, maybe even Packers (we’ll see about Love). Maybe another team or two I’m not thinking of.  When he played for us the second time he wasn’t great after the first game, but he wasn’t the problem. 

• Beer 1

Can we have one thread on this page about our QB that does not devolve into Cam.  Cam is done time to bring in our new QB and no I would not want him at the interview because he would make it all about himself somehow.