• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Th 6’2 prototypical QB is a myth, look at the shotgun percentages

TheBigKat

11 minutes ago, backINblack28 said:

I'm a rational folk myself. So acknowledging that size is a concern to me seems unnecessary at this point considering there are dozens of posters on this forum who have been shouting it and only it from the mountaintops for months

I agree with you to a point but my friend that conversation isn't going anywhere. Thats going to be prevalent in the fanbase here in the fanbases of other teams we play and in the media for the next year or so minimum until Bryce Young puts his thing down and silences all the noise. That comes with the territory of being the top pick. It's been this way for years. I hope Bryce Young balls out 🫡

17 minutes ago, backINblack28 said:

I'm a rational folk myself. So acknowledging that size is a concern to me seems unnecessary at this point considering there are dozens of posters on this forum who have been shouting it and only it from the mountaintops for months

Yeah, he does that.  Anyone he disagrees with is irrational.  He calls them names like lunatic.  It gets old.  We just live with it.

5 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Yeah, he does that.  Anyone he disagrees with is irrational.  He calls them names like lunatic.  It gets old.  We just live with it.

You poo posts day and night even from weeks ago. Sorry to break the news to you but that behavior fits the definition. Hopefully you get some help.

Edited by frankw
  • Poo 1

21 minutes ago, backINblack28 said:

Burrow is the one here that is why this is infuriating as a rhetorical situation.  He got killed by his OL.  Then he returned and made it to the super bowl. If Bryce tears the same ACL that Burrow did--tons of our own fans will rush here with 'I told you so's about size/our own QB getting an injury that one of our own best players ever recovered from 3 separate straight times and I will be ready to fight morons in the street

Just take it all in stride. If Young gets a hangnail or bloody nose, there will be some of that regardless. Count on it.

• Pie 1

27 minutes ago, top dawg said:

If Bryce, specifically, can get through his first year without anything major, I'm not going to worry about him anymore than I normally do about any QB. 

It sounds like some of y'all are saying that you're going to worry for years simply due to his size. To each his own, but I think that's kind of holding him to a higher standard than anyone else. I mean, any QB can and will get hurt, it's just a part of the game, but as long as they come back and play to expectations, that's what I believe that we should be looking for. Hell, Cam got fuged up and was never right again. Brady got hurt, came back and continued a stellar career. Tua came into the league hurt, and has been hurt repeatedly. Burrow got jacked up and returned apparently as good as new. 

If Young proves game his rookie season, then I'm not going to inordinately worry about him anymore. It's kind of like a prove-it deal for me (and probably a lot of people). After that, it's just football.

I’m not worried, just concerned. Getting past his rookie season would be awesome, but like @mrcompletely11 said, it’s the accumulation of hits. Cam did get fugged up in the pocket, but bc he was so big, he took a heck of a beating. If Bryce takes the hits cam took from the pocket, will he last? That’s my concern. 

• Beer 2

There poundaway goes again spamming the poo lmao.

Hey bud heard you were going to the draft party. Be careful surely there will be someone somewhere there that doesn't agree with everything you say about Bryce Young. Keep it safe don't harm yourself or others 🙏

• Poo 1

8 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Just take it all in stride. If Young gets a hangnail or bloody nose, there will be some of that regardless. Count on it.

I am completely counting on it. The frustrating part isn't hearing that from the media/opposing fanbases. The frustrating part is people with Panthers logos on their gear not standing up for the guy with the bloody nose everyone outside wants to fail. For our own fans to be joining the criticisms of those outside/against us before we even draft the kid is that 'i cannot have a positive outlook about fandom' that i just can't get down with.  If you're standing on the same side of the table as saints/falcons fans pointing at panthers fans with hope, i feel like you need to step outside yourself and look in the mirror just a time or two.

FWIW, up until the Vegas odds changed around our pick, I wanted Stroud. But that wasn't at the expense of Bryce Young's skills, and I'm a Panthers fan who trusts our staff and likes 3 of the 4 QBs in the draft (Levis seems like a ripe prick to me tbh)

Edited by backINblack28
  • Pie 1

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

There poundaway goes again spamming the poo lmao.

Hey bud heard you were going to the draft party. Be careful surely there will be someone somewhere there that doesn't agree with everything you say about Bryce Young. Keep it safe don't harm yourself or others 🙏

If you aren’t going to support our QB why not just go away?

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, Pantherzilla91 said:

Who said anything about not supporting him? You are confusing me with someone else apparently.

Furthermore as I already explained to another poster I'm excited for him I like a lot about his tape. But the concern isn't going anywhere and if the mere existence of that conversation upsets some folks they are in for a rude awakening. It isn't going anywhere. He's the top pick. He's the Boss Hogg now. Expectations are going to be high. Some people have already talked pro bowl and rookie of the year. I've tried to caution that for any of the top 4 QB options. The sky is the limit with the years of wisdom from this staff though.

Edited by frankw

2 minutes ago, Pantherzilla91 said:

Dang dude. We haven't even drafted him yet and you are protecting him like a fragile child. You aren't going to be able to protect him forever. Sooner or later he has to step on that field. And he is going to look like a kid that found his way onto the field from his seat.

• Poo 1