• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ESPN’s Matt Miller: “There's a lot of like for C.J. Stroud there, but Bryce won the entire organization over.”

FuFuLamePoo

Back in March Schefter tweeted that David Tepper loves Bryce Young. Then you see the photos of Mrs. Tepper it's clear they had their preference all along. Is Tep directing them who to pick? No. But when you have two prospects who are close and it comes down to which one to pick it helps that your boss who pays your salary loves that one. I'll trust they are making the right pick there isn't anything else to do.

But I will say the folks who are posting these copium quips remind me of when the huddle was rationalizing the Kyle Allen hype machine and trying to convince themselves Teddy Bridgewater and Sam Darnold just need more time.

Maybe let's just allow BY to get on the field and show us something 🫡

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

Just now, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

It literally says in the article snippet that Young won the coaching staff over after tape review. They just don't like what their hearing and are making up poo about how Frank Reich really wanted CJ Stroud (because he smiled at him during his pro day) but Tepper overid him because reasons

Yeah it’s a simple coping strategy for the Stroud/size bros

• Flames 1
  • Poo 2

None of us actually know the conversations that have been held in that front office but didn’t someone else say Tepper is largely letting the GM/HC handle this (as he should)? Also it’s basically been confirmed all the early smoke around Stroud was pure speculation without any sort of actual leaks there. I’m sure there are dudes in our organization that have Stroud QB1 but it seems like overall the consensus has come to everyone being able to get on board with Bryce.

• Pie 1

Just now, FuFuLamePoo said:

None of us actually know the conversations that have been held in that front office but didn’t someone else say Tepper is largely letting the GM/HC handle this (as he should)? Also it’s basically been confirmed all the early smoke around Stroud was pure speculation without any sort of actual leaks there. I’m sure there are dudes in our organization that have Stroud QB1 but it seems like overall the consensus has come to everyone being able to get on board with Bryce.

Most people assumed it was Stroud after the trade because Frank Reich coached tall QBs and there was no way that he would ever want a short QB like Young. Even after he came out and said "nah thats not true" the telephone game persisted.

• Pie 1

Just now, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

Most people assumed it was Stroud after the trade because Frank Reich coached tall QBs and there was no way that he would ever want a short QB like Young. Even after he came out and said "nah thats not true" the telephone game persisted.

And everyone completely ignored the fact that BY9 is and has been the consensus #1 QB on the board for 2 years

• Pie 2

I’ve wanted CJ from m the beginning only because of durability concerns for Young but there is no doubt, on tape or elsewhere, Young is the better QB.  The best QB in this class.  I completely get why we are drafting him and I will fully support him as our QB.  The coaching staff is doing there job and taking the best QB, nothing more nothing less

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

I feel Fitt liked Young from the beginning and maybe Reich had several he was high on. It’s not hard to see why Young won them over once they got to know the prospects. He is going to crush any interview and can probably dive into game tape better than any of them. Throw in his actual game tape and he tops out the competition. 

• Pie 1

Whats the big deal if this is a Tepper pick? And the way it’s written makes it sound like they looked at Bryce’s tape and the coaching staff wasn’t sure on him. Then they had to dive BACK into the film again and then were like “oh yeah, he should be the pick”. Almost like there was a guiding hand pushing the stuff to “check something out again to make sure you didn’t miss something”, and then they were all on the same page. 

Tepper makes mistakes, sure. But he also has a business track record of fixing failures pretty quickly. He picked Rhule, got burnt and then flipped that into potentially one of the best coaching staffs in the entire NFL. 

Most folks here want Young to be our QB. Why is it a problem if our owner agrees with that and is actively pushing for it? Maybe without him we draft Richardson or Stroud and then you folks get upset we didn’t take your guy. 

I don’t care who is the source for getting something right as long as we get it right. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 5