• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Person: Richardson still in the conversation...if we trade down

Mr. Scot

9 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I think all 3 have the ability to pan out, but it really matter WHERE they land.  I honestly think we are one of the better places for an early selected QB to land because....

1) We were a 500 team once we fired Rhule and we traded UP for the top pick meaning we are a good step above the bottom teams.  

2) We have a young solid OL to protect our rookie QB

3) We have a former QB offensive minded HC plus our staff in all in on supporting our QB

4) We have a talented DC with some talented players to work with on defense so we won't have to lean on our rookie QB too much

5) We should have a strong running game with Sanders and Chuba behind that power running OL

For example I think any of the 3 have a lot better shot at becoming special if they are picked by us at 1 vs Houston at 2

I think we're the situation all 3 QBs would want to be in - at least in the short term, and hopefully in 2-3 years time they're good enough to influence the situation around them like a franchise QB should. 

As I've said, I think Richardson is the potential superstar of the group. Young I think will either bust (purely due to his size) or have a middling NFL career and Stroud... there's something about his game I don't like that I can't quite put his finger on, but if you hook him up with a HC / OC that spells it out for him he can get the ball where it needs to go every down (like Goff in Detroit / L.A.). 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, PantherOnTheProwl1523 said:

AR has a good head on those shoulders and he deserves to be drafted in top 3.

The main thing hurting him is that Florida was never going to give him what he needed, so he left for the draft before he could put it all together. But the kid has it all. As a QB coach, I would be champing at the bit to coach him.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, XClown1986 said:

The main thing hurting him is that Florida was never going to give him what he needed, so he left for the draft before he could put it all together. But the kid has it all. As a QB coach, I would be champing at the bit to coach him.

I'm betting there are a few coaches in the building doing just that.

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I'm betting there are a few coaches in the building doing just that.

These coaches have to feel like they are more than qualified to make this kid a star. But patience doesn't seem to be a quality Tepper is embracing right now. Don't get me wrong, I love Bryce. I think he will have a great career. But AR is a unicorn. If all of that talent gets harnessed he could do things we maybe have never seen or won't see again for some time. This draft is fascinating because of these two guys and the mystique of what their careers can/will be. 

Edited by XClown1986

Just now, AggieLean said:

Same. 

I want BY, and believe he’ll be special. I feel the same for AR. He wants it, and I believe he’s going to do whatever it takes to get it.

Agreed. I hope the team that drafts him has his best interests at heart instead of making him a gimmicky weapon. He's a quarterback.

• Pie 1