• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 2: Assessing the Field

Bear Hands

45 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

I feel like there’s some real high upside TEs in this class and that LaPorta is not one of them. I sure as hell don’t want him with our 2nd rd pick. Would rather take Zack Kuntz in the 3rd, just hoping he lasts that long. I think Kincaid is first TE off the board in the first round. Wouldn’t mind Musgrave either. 

Love Kincaid. Love Kuntz.

Otherwise, I wholeheartedly disagree. Musgrave gives me the most trepidation. LaPorta has shown he can actually carry an entire offense. It wasn’t a good one, but I don’t know man. There were advanced blocking tech that he’s able to perform while being the team’s main target. You just don’t see that. And it’s a proven school for TEs.

Musgrave has shown next to nothing in college. There’s barely anything to go on for even liking him.

To each their own. 

4 hours ago, OldhamA said:

Tyrique Stevenson CB/NB is a no from me.

A consistent disappointment at Miami.

Curious more than anything since it looks like you’re a Miami fan but don’t like Stevenson (also same w/Mallory in the other thread).

Open to hearing what I’m getting wrong, not a wizard at this but have really liked what I’ve seen. TFG had a great bit on him that sold me.

I really don't see a TE this early.  Teams usually don't spend early picks on positions that they just addressed in Free agency.  Same could be said about WRs.  Although this a deep TE class so I wouldn't mind one later.

I'm thinking more of an edge or 3-4 DE, possibly a CB, decent draft for those.

Someone like:

Adetomiwa Adebawore Draft and Combine Prospect Profile | NFL.com

Emmanuel Forbes Draft and Combine Prospect Profile | NFL.com

48 minutes ago, stan786 said:

I do wonder if the WR class is gonna have some serious variance with where they are projected to go, feels like there is a lot on a similar level projected to go 2-4 and I could see a lot of movement up and down in that group.

I see Mingo, Tillman, & Rice as big wildcards as they’re the best of the non-slot types. Iosivas as well. 

To that point—Mingo (who we’ve met with) is a guy I wonder why he’s not rated higher. I am always preferential to the dudes that are aggressive and go after the ball. He knows how to outmatch CBs physically and still has some decent speed for his size. Metcalf-lite

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

I see Mingo, Tillman, & Rice as big wildcards as they’re the best of the non-slot types. Iosivas as well. 

To that point—Mingo (who we’ve met with) is a guy I wonder why he’s not rated higher. I am always preferential to the dudes that are aggressive and go after the ball. He knows how to outmatch CBs physically and still has some decent speed for his size. Metcalf-lite

I agree with them, I do love Mingo he’s really intriguing. I also think Marvin Mims could go a lot higher than people are projecting.

9 hours ago, Bear Hands said:

Curious more than anything since it looks like you’re a Miami fan but don’t like Stevenson (also same w/Mallory in the other thread).

Open to hearing what I’m getting wrong, not a wizard at this but have really liked what I’ve seen. TFG had a great bit on him that sold me.

Well I've watched them both for multiple years and don't want to watch them any more. 

Mallory is soft and wouldn't block his grandmother. He's a Flex TE, but don't expect him to make any contested catches.

Stevenson came into Coral Gables with a ton of hype after transferring from Georgia. He constantly looked like a S trying to play CB.