• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young under Center

Calboyz13

7 minutes ago, Varking said:

He would have had the weakest arm at the combine of all the big four and I think Stetson would have had better velocity as well. Young’s arm isn’t Clausen or Dorsey bad but his arm will be in the bottom half of nfl starters once he’s drafted. 

It's easy to say certain things. Next Gen stats will parse out the truth, and, even better, his complete game will tell the story.

Edited by top dawg

2 minutes ago, top dawg said:

If Bryce couldn't throw it over 40 yards (legitimately, proficiently, efficiently, smoothly, etc.) I wouldn't want him. Hell, who would? He wouldn't be a round 1 draft prospect, much less a number one prospect. Anyone who doesn't acknowledge that fact is just as disingenuous as the Pilgrims giving blankets to the American Indian.

Oh I think he can sling it 41-44 yards for sure if he puts everything behind it. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

That's what makes Mahomes special though. Without his hose I'm not sure if Mahomes' game works. That's my concern with Young outside of the obvious size concerns.

I think creation and improvisation is something that I’d important for every QB. Keeping plays alive and finding guys when plays break down is what separates the good for the greats. Young isn’t gonna thread a 50 yard pass off balance falling away, but he can do mahomes things with his velocity in the 10-30 yard range for sure. And this doesn’t count some of things he may be able to do better in practice. Mahomes is mahomes but Bryce’s skillset is very appealing.

Just now, stan786 said:

I think creation and improvisation is something that I’d important for every QB. Keeping plays alive and finding guys when plays break down is what separates the good for the greats. Young isn’t gonna thread a 50 yard pass off balance falling away, but he can do mahomes things with his velocity in the 10-30 yard range for sure. And this doesn’t count some of things he may be able to do better in practice. Mahomes is mahomes but Bryce’s skillset is very appealing.

Keeping the play alive while not being a threat to run will get him decapitated in the nfl.    

• Poo 1

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

Keeping the play alive while not being a threat to run will get him decapitated in the nfl.    

Good things that’s not what he does consistently. Does he need to tone down some of it sure but most of the time it’s pretty deliberate and very useful. 

Just now, top dawg said:

Young didn't do anything out of the ordinary, just remember that. He was the best, so he let his tape speak for itself. 

If he was the clear cut best there would be no debate on if he was going to be the top pick in the draft or not. Stroud wouldn’t be in the running. He was advised not to throw or run drills because he would come across as less athletic than a bunch of the guys and his arm would look lesser compared to Stroud, Richardson, Levis, Bennett, etc. 

He doesn’t have that dawg in him. 

• Pie 1