• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why I believe the pick will be AR-15

philw5289

13 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Pryor, Vick, VY, Lamar Jackson, even Josh Allen.. 

All super athletic QB’s who have become better passers coming out of college (except Pryor and VY) but aren’t having the success of lesser athletic QB who seen more for their passing ability..

You're falling into the trap of pigeonholing Richardson as an athlete that doesn't know how to play QB. 

Pryor, Vick, Young and Jackson all won with their legs first, their arm second. Richardson is an inexperienced pocket passer that just happens to run a 4.4.

3 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

It's not just an athlete. He has the biggest arm in this draft. His accuracy isn't as bad as people make it out to be. He just needs to clean up his footwork much like Cam. That's why his accuracy isn't that elite. His footwork will fix that issue.

Got it.. Not the point I was making or the conversation but thank you for telling me something I already know.. 

You might also want to add in experience and reading defenses as something he needs to work on as well.. Nothing that can’t be fix.. But again the point is.. I don’t want to have to fix a player with some preciveid upside based on athleticism.. When there are 2 better prospects not getting credit for them having upside in a more tangible way…

20 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Being Honest I don’t know anymore!! 

This isn’t basketball where the biggest fastest athlete with skills makes your team a instant contender…

The biggest fastest athlete in football isn’t winning consistently..  Even when they become better passers they aren’t winning as much as the guys who are still better passers..

Add context to your question.. Is it just Allen or do I have a choice of less athletic  but better passer like Burrows??? I’m taking Burrows… He had less coaching and worse teams and has been better right???

Well agree to disagree.. I’m changing my opinion until it proves to be more of a thing.. Right now the better passers are becoming better and winning more consistently and lasting longer..

Stroud is not Burrow (out of College at least) and it's a really unfair comparison for CJ. You're setting him up to fail if you think that he can produce anything like in the NFL.

Burrow threw for 60 TDs his Senior year (that's 19 more than Stroud as a Junior). He was utterly ridiculous in College - and both were surrounded by 'first day' NFL talent at the skill positions. 

1 minute ago, bythenbrs said:

Beavers girdle the trees along the shore.  Muskrats chew up the dock.  Destructive bastards.

There is no way I can live out there. Nice to visit, but I would never have any peace with the wildlife threat.

Im surprised you haven't mentioned the bears.lol

6 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Stroud is not Burrow (out of College at least) and it's a really unfair comparison for CJ. You're setting him up to fail if you think that he can produce anything like in the NFL.

Burrow threw for 60 TDs his Senior year (that's 19 more than Stroud as a Junior). He was utterly ridiculous in College - and both were surrounded by 'first day' NFL talent at the skill positions. 

Burrows last year is the best season I've ever seen in college football. Absolutely ridiculous.

Just now, OldhamA said:

You're falling into the trap of pigeonholing Richardson as an athlete that doesn't know how to play QB. 

Pryor, Vick, Young and Jackson all won with their legs first, their arm second. Richardson is an inexperienced pocket passer that just happens to run a 4.4.

I’m not falling for nothing.. I’m looking at reality..

And facts check.. 

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/lamar-jackson-1.html

Lamar Jackson was a better passer coming out of Louisville then Richardson is now.. More experience play in a pro offense.. So do some research 1st..

Again I’ve watch the tape he isn’t the passer that CJ and Bryce are and he might not never be.. Ppl want to keep making AR talent god giving and CJ and Young talent is learned.. 
Okay ..  At some point this has to start being a on the field advantage and right now it isn’t.. And at some point we have to start looking at Pocket passers getting better at being pocket passers as upside as well because on the field it’s been Winning more consistently and longer..

• Poo 1

8 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Really .. You know why it’s more of a unfair comparison..

CJ 3 years younger 

CJ didn’t  have to transfer form OState 

CJ produced faster and was a better player in college longer then Burrows who didn’t blow up until his 5th year in college..

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/joe-burrow-1.html

vs 

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/cj-stroud-1.html

CJ putting up Hesiman numbers as a Sophomore 

Burrows didn’t until he was a Senior at a different school..

So yeah you might be right..

CJ isn’t Burrows (he might be better) .. lol

3 hours ago, WOW!! said:

Let me say this..

I Love Cam.. Cam is my favorite NFL player all time and will always be my QB..

But reality is Cam was the best athlete turned QB ever and most times he was the most dominant player on the field when he played and was healthy… But we still don’t have back to back winning seasons no Super Bowl and lost to a lot of unatheltic QB teams..

15-1. Superbowl was for Payton. Best team in football be damned.