• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why I believe the pick will be AR-15

philw5289

2 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Why?? 
I understand bigger faster great athlete thing.. But they aren’t winning super bowls .. 

We keep saying “once they learn how to pass” but even when they do.. They are still not as consistent or better then the actual passers or “pocket guys” who are less athletic.. I’m waiting on this big change in the environment.. But Brady still wins, Mahomes still wins Stafford wins.. They still find ways to consistently beat the super athletes.. They are still finding ways to orchestrate top offenses without athleticism..

Not debating this because I understand the thinking in this.. But at some point we might need to give credit to the good pocket passers coming out getting better at their craft and that being considered “upside”..

Like this dude is so good at reading defenses and accuracy and anticipation.. That no matter what defense you’re playing he is going to carve you up..

The good pocket passers that were playing on the overwhelmingly more talented team 95% of the time?

3 hours ago, rippadonn said:

Russ was supposed to sit and won the job in camp with Carroll.

AR can start with Pete, he's already had success with Russ, AR is a whole different more powerful animal.

He will take the job, Pete has no problem with him winning it.

Contexts ….

Matt Flynn didn’t just throw 30 plus tds and lead the Seahawks to the playoffs the year before RUss got there.. Flynn was a FA.. This won’t be a competition because Geno is the confirm leader of the team.. 

Not the same situation..

6 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Why?? 
I understand bigger faster great athlete thing.. But they aren’t winning super bowls .. 

We keep saying “once they learn how to pass” but even when they do.. They are still not as consistent or better then the actual passers or “pocket guys” who are less athletic.. I’m waiting on this big change in the environment.. But Brady still wins, Mahomes still wins Stafford wins.. They still find ways to consistently beat the super athletes.. They are still finding ways to orchestrate top offenses without athleticism..

Not debating this because I understand the thinking in this.. But at some point we might need to give credit to the good pocket passers coming out getting better at their craft and that being considered “upside”..

Like this dude is so good at reading defenses and accuracy and anticipation.. That no matter what defense you’re playing he is going to carve you up..

He has by far the best physical tools in the draft.

He's young, he's very inexperienced, but if though the interview process you determine that you think he has what it takes mentally to develop how is he NOT the best prospect?

If you watch the games, I think you'll be surprised. His wide receivers were straight trash and they got slammed with injuries. They scored 38 points in a losing effort against Florida State when they were missing their top FIVE WRs. Whoever WR #12 was, I would've cut his ass after that game. Quite possibly the most useless game I've ever seen a player play.

Just now, OldhamA said:

The good pocket passers that were playing on the overwhelmingly more talented team 95% of the time?

Why is that??? 
Not making less money are they??

And let’s be real.. 
Hurts (the athletic guy) had the better team in the superbowl..

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He has by far the best physical tools in the draft.

He's young, he's very inexperienced, but if though the interview process you determine that you think he has what it takes mentally to develop how is he NOT the best prospect?

If you watch the games, I think you'll be surprised. His wide receivers were straight trash and they got slammed with injuries. They scored 38 points in a losing effort against Florida State when they were missing their top FIVE WRs. Whoever WR #12 was, I would've cut his ass after that game. Quite possibly the most useless game I've ever seen a player play.

Got all that cool.

He is still (watching his film) not at the level as a passers, or QB as 2 guys who are his same age.. Plain and simple..

When does becoming a better passer when you’re already good becomes upside??

When does making better athletes better passers start to bear fruit more often??

3 hours ago, OldhamA said:

We made the trade to get into the QB conversation - it's pretty clear now that only Levis has a shot of being there at #9 overall and that's a hard no from me. 

We've been repeatedly told that the difference between acquiring #1 and #3 was negligible in terms of Draft capital, so we pulled the trigger.

With regards to Richardson sitting - honestly I think that's the last thing he needs. He has 13 career starts (and is THIS advanced with his pocket presence / movement, reads and anticipation) - the guy needs to play football. He's only going to learn through experience. 

You need to tweak his mechanics, but that's what the offseason and Training Camp is for. 

That’s a lie.. Where is there proof that going to 3 is the same as going to 1?? And please don’t post no stories where the team says it.. If Arizona trades out of 3 and doesn’t get the same value Chicago did then that is a lie..

And would Arizona really have wanted DJ Moore??

Edited by WOW!!
  • Poo 1

Let me say this..

I Love Cam.. Cam is my favorite NFL player all time and will always be my QB..

But reality is Cam was the best athlete turned QB ever and most times he was the most dominant player on the field when he played and was healthy… But we still don’t have back to back winning seasons no Super Bowl and lost to a lot of unatheltic QB teams..

15 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Got all that cool.

He is still (watching his film) not at the level as a passers, or QB as 2 guys who are his same age.. Plain and simple..

When does becoming a better passer when you’re already good becomes upside??

When does making better athletes better passers start to bear fruit more often??

They're a year older with a lot more game experience.

I'm not pounding the table for AR. I have no idea how I'd evaluate him because all the question marks all have to do with the things us fans have minimal insight into.

In just saying that yeah, there's an easy case to be made for how he becomes the best NFL QB of the bunch.

6 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Let me say this..

But reality is Cam was the best athlete turned QB ever and most times he was the most dominant player on the field when he played and was healthy… But we still don’t have back to back winning seasons no Super Bowl and lost to a lot of unatheltic QB teams..

Ron and Shula. Shula has never had another OC shot for a reason and Ron has never accomplished anything without Cam.

We had an absolute stud and rode him into the ground. It is what it is.

• Pie 2

7 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Let me say this..

We didn’t build a team around Cam nor coach him to have him around long term. It’s why I can’t look back at these years without getting frustrated. Rivera is simply not a good coach. 

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Let me say this..

Look at what Cam had to work with on offense.

The reason we didn't have back to back winning seasons is because they ignored the offense because Cam was so talented he didn't need much help.

It's crazy his best passing season was his rookie year when he actually had a true #1 WR. This dude was throwing to Ted Ginn, Devin Funchess, and Kelvin Benjamin. Cmon man they didn't give Cam any help until he was washed.

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

They're a year older with a lot more game experience.

I'm not pounding the table for AR. I have no idea how I'd evaluate him because all the question marks all have to do with the things us fans have minimal insight into.

In just saying that yeah, there's an easy case to be made for how he becomes the best NFL QB of the bunch.

Come on man CJ and AR are 7 months apart.. and Bryce is 2 months older then CJ .. But the reason they got more experience isn’t their fault.. They all have 3 years in college.. UF sucks but AR could have left and got more experience at a different school..

Again I’m not saying I don’t understand the thought process.. I just don’t want to do it with (imo) 2 better prospects are available.. And I’m done with the better Athlete means more upside thing until it’s more proven on the field..

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Ron and Shula. Shula has never had another OC shot for a reason and Ron has never accomplished anything without Cam.

We had an absolute stud and rode him into the ground. It is what it is.

Cam isn’t the only example.. Vick, Pryor, VY, Randel Cuunigham, and Lamar Jackson.. There is enough of a data set to see a pattern and see more success then we have..

7 minutes ago, Varking said:

We didn’t build a team around Cam nor coach him to have him around long term. It’s why I can’t look back at these years without getting frustrated. Rivera is simply not a good coach. 

Cam isn’t the only example.. Again I love Cam but the point remains..