• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

BJ Ojulari is scheduled to visit the #Panthers

CAPantherFan

14 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

Looking.at the talent that should be available,  looks to me we can get a better edge or TE at 39, than we could receiver. 

I tend to agree. That said, 39 should just be BPA. For whatever reason, I think one of a CB, edge, WR or TE who has 1st round value (especially in other years at edge/TE) will be there at 39. We still have plenty of holes to fill. CJ, Donte, YGM/?, Thielen, Chark and Hurst are all replaceable and/or not long term options so we shouldn’t pass over true BPA for any of them.

17 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I would like to trade up for Zay Flowers if we can. I still don't trust this WR core we still bottom 5 in the league and Chark is injury prone and Thielen is aging. Get another shifty/explosive WR like Zay and we back in business.

I'd be more apt to trade up for Mayer or Kincaid if they're there.

3 hours ago, WhoKnows said:

I tend to agree. That said, 39 should just be BPA. For whatever reason, I think one of a CB, edge, WR or TE who has 1st round value (especially in other years at edge/TE) will be there at 39. We still have plenty of holes to fill. CJ, Donte, YGM/?, Thielen, Chark and Hurst are all replaceable and/or not long term options so we shouldn’t pass over true BPA for any of them.

Have you seen the receivers that are projectedto be available? All small guys. That puts tight end, edge rusher at better value imo. 

Corner backs can be found in later rounds.  Edge rushers, good ones that contribute sooner rather than later, won't be available after round 2. 

1 hour ago, pantherclaw said:

Have you seen the receivers that are projectedto be available? All small guys. That puts tight end, edge rusher at better value imo. 

Corner backs can be found in later rounds.  Edge rushers, good ones that contribute sooner rather than later, won't be available after round 2. 

That’s not what I meant about the WRs. Remember when we drafted DJ? We were worried DJ or Ridley wouldn’t make it to us and they were both available. Same with Burns at 16, no way he gets to us. The top WRs this year aren’t close to the guys who’ve been going top 10/15 the past few years. I could easily see one or more of the WRs assumed to go in the first drop to 39. That could happen easily if we get say a TE run and more go 1st round that mocked.

We hosted JPJ for a visit. There are always more people mocked for the first round than there are actual first round picks so we’ll have to wait and see who actually falls to 39. I still agree that edge or TE would be my vote because I think we could get guys who in a vacuum would be ranked much higher in normal TE/edge years rather than reach at WR/CB this year to get one that next year would be a later 2nd pick. DJ was still a good pick for us even though it was a weak WR class because we got the first WR in the 20s.

19 hours ago, WOW!! said:

Give me the pass rusher early get a WR with similar skills in the 3rd or 4th round..

I thought that way until three weeks ago, that CB issue........love to have this happen- QB-BPA{EDGE/TE/WR/CB/LB/DL)-""-""

my recent mock that no ones cares about-

225537477_Screenshot2023-04-072_10_35PM.thumb.png.6b95281300e5611fc8875752dd919a3e.png