• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton gives a list of QB's he would back up for...

CamWhoaaCam

7 minutes ago, csx said:

This sounds like one of the worst possible things to do to a rookie #1 overall pick.

Agreed. I love Cam. But a lot of us love Cam. Having Cam Newton looking over the shoulder of our #1 overall pick rookie QB in the town where Cam was an NFL MVP is just not a good idea. Let the rookie get off to a bumpy start and you guarantee you'll be hearing "We want Cam!" chants in BOA.

• Pie 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Agreed. I love Cam. But a lot of us love Cam. Having Cam Newton looking over the shoulder of our #1 overall pick rookie QB in the town where Cam was an NFL MVP is just not a good idea. Let the rookie get off to a bumpy start and you guarantee you'll be hearing "We want Cam!" chants in BOA.

well then don't have a bumpy start

4 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I may have to give it a watch then. Ive quit on Cam cause when he goes cringe, its a OD....

It's a good watch up until he starts giving the names of QB's he will back up. He did everything right up until then.

Now he eliminated his other suitors by not mentioning them. You don't even need an agent to realize how dumb that was. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

It's a good watch up until he starts giving the names of QB's he will back up. He did everything right up until then.

Now he eliminated his other suitors by not mentioning them. You don't even need an agent to realize how dumb that was. 

He may legitimately have zero interest in playing for the other teams he didn't mention. I mean, Cam should be more than comfortably set for life financially. He clearly wants to keep playing football but there may be some situations he just wants no part of even if that means that he is effectively retiring himself.

Looks to me like he's naming teams with coaches he's familiar with and/or young talented QBs he may legitimately want to mentor.

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He may legitimately have zero interest in playing for the other teams he didn't mention. I mean, Cam should be more than comfortably set for life financially. He clearly wants to keep playing football but there may be some situations he just wants no part of even if that means that he is effectively retiring himself.

Looks to me like he's naming teams with coaches he's familiar with and/or young talented QBs he may legitimately want to mentor.

Why didnt RR sign him?? Seemed too perfect to me and they needed a QB since cams been a FA.....telling on both of them.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Ron knows his shoulder is shot. With Cam openly talking about being willing to accept a backup role it could change.

Could also be if they had any success it would invalidate Ron as a coach even further. 

Ron is just a less talented rah rah version of John Fox that learned how to go for it on 4th down.

• Flames 1

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He may legitimately have zero interest in playing for the other teams he didn't mention. I mean, Cam should be more than comfortably set for life financially.

You never know about that, though.

A lot of guys we think should be set for life wind up broke.

9 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's the optics of it. Beggars can't be choosers and he's doing both. If Cam wants back in the league his focus needs to be proving he's got anything left, whoever gives him the chance to. How are you calling the shots when no one's calling you? No one wants a backup who comes with all that.