• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton gives a list of QB's he would back up for...

CamWhoaaCam

Just now, panthers55 said:

He at least picked some teams which involve the qb in the run game which is what he can still do. The problem in being a backup is that you have to be comfortable in the system the starter uses and come in on short notice. Teams won't be changing the offense a ton for a backup so he needs to be comfortable in what they run. Which is why Tua, and Rodger wouldn't be good fits I think..

He mentioned Buffalo specifically because of Sean and Dorsey and how they are already familiar with him as a QB.

2 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

He mentioned Buffalo specifically because of Sean and Dorsey and how they are already familiar with him as a QB.

Yeah. Cam needs a run heavy offense which gives the QB the opportunity to run or throw. Plus he knows Sean and who wouldn't want to play for a playoff contender? 

Close thread.  Cam has now found a team. 

0NFL QB Cam Newton and supermodel Miranda Kerr star in Buick's Super Bowl ad  - Autoblog

(Last Cam Joke-promise.  I just think he is too much of an Alpha to  backup any QB--maybe I am wrong--he is a very good person--genuine--so maybe he has been humbled enough to serve in that capacity. )

• Pie 1

27 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Yeah this has desperation written all over it.

Why give a list of QB's... Just say im willing to be a backup in the NFL.

He's a diva. I don't dislike him but he's definitely a diva.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Close thread.  Cam has now found a team. 

0NFL QB Cam Newton and supermodel Miranda Kerr star in Buick's Super Bowl ad  - Autoblog

(Last Cam Joke-promise.  I just think he is too much of an Alpha to  backup any QB--maybe I am wrong--he is a very good person--genuine--so maybe he has been humbled enough to serve in that capacity. )

Seems like he's humbled enough. From "there aren't 32 QB's better than me" to "Here's a list of QB's I would backup".

Not a bad video, the first 5 mins explains the whole purpose of the video, why let others create a narrative when you can hear it straight from the horses mouth.

The media depiction of cam has always been some facade that never matched with what actually coaches and players experienced 

• Pie 2

31 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

In a weird twist of fate, James DiGiacomo, the "kid from the Play 60 Commercial" has asked Cam to add his name with the 3 rookies he lists here.  He is now eligible for the draft.

cam newton with kid from commercial | DubsismReturn of Cam and The Kid: 'Kid' from famous NFL commercial with Newton  talks about it resurfacing this week | National Sports | eagletribune.com

Thought that was Kyle Allen.  Seriously I love Cam and everything he did for the Panthers and the city of Charlotte.  Wish him the best in all his endeavors.

3 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

Not a bad video, the first 5 mins explains the whole purpose of the video, why let others create a narrative when you can hear it straight from the horses mouth.

The media depiction of cam has always been some facade that never matched with what actually coaches and players experienced 

Good point.

We all assumed from his personality he would never take such role. He at least cleared up those rumors. Still giving a list of specific QB's you would back up doesn't make sense.

Just say im willing to be a backup in the NFL.