• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chris Mortensen: Bryce Young is the pick, they all love Bryce Young

TheSpecialJuan

38 minutes ago, travisura said:

This feels a bit dramatic. The only assets we gave up that could hinder us were the 2024 1st and DJ. I love DJ but he's not impossible to replace. And that first rounder next year should be a late round pick.

I mean you don't have a first round pick or second round pick next year to replace him.

You also, basically, gave away McCaffrey to make this trade happen too (we traded THAT second round pick).

9 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

I mean you don't have a first round pick or second round pick next year to replace him.

You also, basically, gave away McCaffrey to make this trade happen too (we traded THAT second round pick).

We have our second next year, we don’t have a second in 2025.

Edited by stan786

On 4/5/2023 at 1:13 PM, Bear Hands said:

Could also blow the lid off this draft if the Texans aren't goo-goo gaga over Stroud.  Ryans may want a *potential monster like Anderson.  

Then that could throw AZ into a tizzy without their expected man there.  Could trade down w/SEA for example.

And the Colts would still be screwed hehe.  

1-CAR Bryce Young

2-HOU Will Anderson

3-SEA (from AZ) CJ Stroud

Now THAT, that would be wild.  

Texans are going to take one of Stroud or Young. I feel pretty comfortable in that. So they will be taking Stroud 😉 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

The draft is not the only way to replace WR production. And unless I'm mistaken, one of the factors that led to us trading CMC was to amass draft capital in order to move up for a QB.

At the end of the day I just don't think this trade leaves us in as dire a position as you're making it seem.

Mike Lombardi agrees with Chris Mortensen. Clearly Carolina is dominating the smokescreen game.

For me, I think things are trending towards Young, and I think it's been that the whole time, I'll eat my crow if I'm wrong on draft night.

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, Verge said:

Texans are going to take one of Stroud or Young. I feel pretty comfortable in that. So they will be taking Stroud 😉 

I think the reality of this is slowly starting to hit. Carolina is all in on Young and are giving Stroud all the opportunities to change it. I think they will stick to their guns though.

• Beer 1

34 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

In September 2017, Mike Lombardi made headlines by criticizing Philadelphia Eagles coach Doug Pederson: "He might be less qualified to coach a team than anyone I’ve ever seen in my 30-plus years in the NFL."[28] Pederson would lead the Eagles to their first Super Bowl championship later that season.

16 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

In September 2017, Mike Lombardi made headlines by criticizing Philadelphia Eagles coach Doug Pederson: "He might be less qualified to coach a team than anyone I’ve ever seen in my 30-plus years in the NFL."[28] Pederson would lead the Eagles to their first Super Bowl championship later that season.

December 2012...

Two hours after a report that Ron Rivera would remain the Carolina Panthers' head coach in 2013, now another report states the opposite -- that Rivera could be fired as early as today.

Michael Lombardi of the NFL Network is sticking to his report from last week, reiterating this morning that he expects Ron Rivera will be fired as head coach of the Carolina Panthers today. Reports out of Charlotte indicate Rivera has not talked about his future with players during their exit interviews, which are being conducted this morning.

Conventional wisdom among analysts is that Carolina will take their time, and find their new GM prior to deciding on Ron Rivera's future -- but if Lombardi's sources are right, this is going to be a crazy day.

Link

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, OldhamA said:

I mean we gave up a metric ton for the pick.

If we get it wrong we've set the franchise back 3 years.

No it doesn't lol It sets us back 0 years because we'll have all of our assets 3 years from now, which is when we will know if the QB we drafted is the real deal or not.