• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chris Mortensen: Bryce Young is the pick, they all love Bryce Young

TheSpecialJuan

1 hour ago, AggieLean said:

Wasn’t there rumors how Houston didn’t want to deal with Strouds agent, due to him also representing Watson? I guess that might explain why there’s now rumors Houston would go Will Anderson at 2, and try to grab a qb at 12. 

Im with you, though. I think the pick is going to be Bryce. I’ve felt that way a few weeks now, and I’d be cool with it. In fact, I’ve been shifting more towards Bryce anyways after wanting Stroud for so long.

Ive heard a bit back and I see where the panthers could be using it, the watson deal was as messing as it gets and people forgot about it. I still think houston calls the mega bluff tho....

Heard one new "rumor" today as well, texans pass on QB and go edge......not loon said this either...

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, poundaway said:

You off the fence now?

Stroud's accuracy and overall body of work within the pocket on top of his ideal size still holds the edge to me. I'd accept either BY or AR but to me both are big risks. It's fine to think Young will go on to become one of the GOAT's and the ultimate outlier for his size over the last half century but we have to address the odds. He's as much of a risk as Richardson for different reasons.

Edited by frankw
  • Beer 1

7 hours ago, frankw said:

I really do think Stroud could end up a top 10 or more QB with his accuracy if he's fit to the right staff. It's legit kinda crazy some people don't want that after all these years of inaccurate passers even including Cam who was sometimes streaky.

Both the top 2 QBs are highly accurate.  

13 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I didn’t want to make another thread, but Feldman pretty much describes how I feel.

I usually agree with safe picks. But we have the #1 overall pick!

If Bryce has a higher ceiling you have to take him even with the durability/size concerns.

Last thing we want is for Bryce Young to look like a stud for the Texans and we just average with a safe QB.

The pressure is all on us. We have our pick of any QB. But we can only pick one and if it isn't the right one we will receive a lot of heat for not getting it right.

I like you was Stroud all offseason. For some reason I get this feeling Young is simply the best QB in this draft. Im judging him off what I see on the field. He is the only QB who has the "it factor" imo. He can't make something out of nothing. Those are usually the QB's you need. Stroud is the safe pick no doubt but will he be better than Bryce is where I start questioning the pick.

Tough decision...

Edited by CamWhoaaCam
  • Pie 1
  • Flames 1

9 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Why does he have to when he can camp out behind the 3pt line and kill you with his shooting?

Just like Bryce will be in shotgun behind this Oline ripping defenses apart.

That's the thing people are ignoring. This team is set up for success right now. Usually the #1 QB's are going to a team with a bad Oline. Lets not forget we traded up from #9. We are not your normal bad team that has no talent.

Watch him work. Trust the process.

So he's just magically not going to get hit? Okay 

• Beer 2