• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft visit news

Mr. Scot

11 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Is it just me or does it feel like there's a lot of O-linemen in these visits? 🤔

All of them thus far are late round UFA types.  Remember, we don't have another pick after round 5, so we have a lot of roster to fill with UDFAs.  Also, can't really burn one of our 4 remaining picks (after QB) on a backup lineman despite needing a couple.

• Pie 1

Pulled this from Walter today--he is usually missing a few:

• Anthony Bradford^, Offensive Tackle, LSU (COM, PRI) (Probably projects to G in the NFL---I would like this pick in round 4 or after--not sure he will be there)
  • Julius Brents, Cornerback, Kansas State (COM)  (most teams like this CB)
  • Charlie Jones, Wide Receiver, Purdue (PRI)  (I see this as a solid signing if we do it)
  • Will Levis^, Quarterback, Kentucky (PRI, PRO) (Why waste time on Levis?)
  • Jonathan Mingo, Wide Receiver, Ole Miss (PRI)  (Strong WR candidate that could be a better pro than college player)
  • B.J. Ojulari, Defensive End, LSU (PRI) I see this as a strong possibilty--also watch Felix from Kansas State)
  • Bumper Pool, Linebacker, Arkansas (PRI)  (Panthers will sign this guy--maybe as an undrafted free agent)
  • Joey Porter Jr., Cornerback, Penn State (PRI)  (unless we wheel and deal, this ain't happening)
  • Anthony Richardson^, Quarterback, Florida (COM, PRI, PRO)  (3 contacts---doing our homework on AR15)
  • Drew Sanders, Linebacker, Arkansas (COM)  (Possibly at 39 if Luvu goes to Edge)
  • Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Wide Receiver, Ohio State (PRI) (only if we trade up a lot)
  • C.J. Stroud^, Quarterback, Ohio State (PRI, PRO)
  • Bryce Young^, Quarterback, Alabama (PRI, PRO)
  • Chandler Zavala, Offensive Guard, N.C. State (PRI)(I have seen him as early as round 3--80" wingspan at 322 lbs--nice)
  •  
  • Pie 1

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I just don't understand why?  

Due diligence. Just doing the homework.  You meet someone one day briefly and make first impressions. Second time and spend more time you can form a better all around view of them. 

2 minutes ago, mickeye76 said:

Due diligence. Just doing the homework.  You meet someone one day briefly and make first impressions. Second time and spend more time you can form a better all around view of them. 

It also gets them in the building and you get to see how they interact with other folks that might not be a part of the scouting process.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Side Note: No indication this guy is visiting with us, but after seeing the name his parents have him, Bumper Pool doesn't sound quite as rough.

yep. Reminds me of a boy named SUE by Johnny cash. It's a good thing he like 6'4" and right at 300lbs.