• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Get the WR's now, use 2nd pick for defense

Jmac

9 minutes ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

Is Hopkins at this point in his career worth a 2nd round pick? He was traded for a 2nd round pick and more in his prime, he can probably be had for a 3rd. 

It was Hopkins + a 4th, in exchange for David Johnson, a 2nd, and a future 4th. And at the time it was widely regarded as a dumb trade on Houston's part, for giving up a top 5 WR in his prime for that little. So I'm not sure we can use that trade as a good benchmark.

2 hours ago, csx said:

We aren't going to win the Superbowl this year. No need to get too anxious about stacking the roster. 

Less worried about winning the bowl this year and more worried that our QB of the future really has no great targets to throw to to make his transition to the NFL easier. 

23 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

lol

Okay I was going to let you live in this but it’s obvious you just started liking football 4 years ago and now you’re feeling yourself.. and now you’re being loud and wrong.. So let me help you..

REASON WHY WE’re not a conference contender…

1. No team in nfl history does a defensive philosophy change (4-3 to 3-4) and is good at it right away.. So that means we might not be as stout on defense off the bat.. So that could cause some mistakes and losses early and best case scenario we see things start coming together by mid season and being better by the end..

2. New coach , new coaching staff, rookie QB and new weapons.. Don’t add up to winning right off the bat.. It takes time to form cohesion and consistency.. It takes time forming a identity.. Unfimilarity breeds mistakes and low confidence.. 

3. We really haven’t built depth yet at a lot of positions..

2 of our supposedly strong spots have major injury concerns… Oline might be missing both starting guards at the start of the season and the Cb are 1 injury away from Evans 200 yard game

please stop acting like we have a conference competing roster right now

Edited by Sub Zero
  • Pie 1
  • Flames 2

1 minute ago, Sub Zero said:

Okay I was going to let you live in this but it’s obvious you just started liking football 4 years ago and now you’re feeling yourself.. and now you’re being loud and wrong.. So let me help you..

REASON WHY WE’re not a conference contender…

1. No team in nfl history does a defensive philosophy change (4-3 to 3-4) and is good at it right away.. So that means we might not be as stout on defense off the bat.. So that could cause some mistakes and losses early and best case scenario we see things start coming together by mid season and being better by the end..

2. New coach , new coaching staff, rookie QB and new weapons.. Don’t add up to winning right off the bat.. It takes time to form cohesion and consistency.. It takes time forming a identity.. Unfimilarity breeds mistakes and low confidence.. 

3. We really haven’t built depth yet at a lot of positions..

2 of our supposedly strong spots have major injury concerns… Oline might be missing both starting guards at the start of the season and the Cb are 1 injury away from Evans 200 yard game

Sir do you realize my contending in the NFC is based on getting Hopkins a true #1 WR?

Im not saying we can contend as of now. Getting a #1 WR takes our offense to a whole new level. Both Stroud and Bryce are accurate passers. Add in Sanders out of the backfield as a rusher and reciever. We are cooking Hurst is a decent TE threat as well.

Again im only saying we can contend for the NFC "if we get Hopkins".

9 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Sir do you realize my contending in the NFC is based on getting Hopkins a true #1 WR?

Im not saying we can contend as of now. Getting a #1 WR takes our offense to a whole new level. Both Stroud and Bryce are accurate passers. Add in Sanders out of the backfield as a rusher and reciever. We are cooking Hurst is a decent TE threat as well.

Again im only saying we can contend for the NFC "if we get Hopkins".

Even if you get Hopkins it doesn’t mean this other stuff isn’t true.. 

This  isn’t basketball you can’t just add 1 person and be a contender…

3 minutes ago, Sub Zero said:

Even if you get Hopkins it doesn’t mean this other stuff isn’t true.. 

This  isn’t basketball you can’t just add 1 person and be a contender…

If you don't realize how a #1 WR changes a offense I can't help you. Our only major weakness is WR. That's where we disagree. I think our roster is legit. You don't.

We can agree to disagree.

7 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

If you don't realize how a #1 WR changes a offense I can't help you. Our only major weakness is WR. That's where we disagree. I think our roster is legit. You don't.

A offenses that has been together not a totally new offense with no identity or experience together..

and not to diss Dhop he isn’t Adams, Hill or Brown in their prime he is 32 years old he isn’t carrying a offense right now..

Edited by Sub Zero
  • Pie 1

18 minutes ago, Sub Zero said:

A offenses that has been together not a totally new offense with no identity or experience together..

and not to diss Dhop he isn’t Adams, Hill or Brown in their prime he is 32 years old he isn’t carrying a offense right now..

Hopkins is 30 my man.

1 minute ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

Our starters are good but we don’t have depth. We need another draft and off-season after this year to fill some holes and build depth. Next year, if the QB pick hits, we have a chance to really make some noise. 

Exactly..

Acting like this is a instant Conference contender just by adding 1 WR is Madden thinking…

57 minutes ago, travisura said:

It was Hopkins + a 4th, in exchange for David Johnson, a 2nd, and a future 4th. And at the time it was widely regarded as a dumb trade on Houston's part, for giving up a top 5 WR in his prime for that little. So I'm not sure we can use that trade as a good benchmark.

I agree that it was dumb trade, that's why I don't think he is even worth a 2nd at this point. If he wants to come home and finish his career in Carolina that would be incentive to come here. Also I really believe that with this staff and the right rookie QB, we can be a play off team this year in a weak division. Arizona is not going to the playoff next year with Murray out for a prolonged time. 

• Pie 1