• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

An updated look at our cap, and where we are spending it

WarPanthers89

Get ready for the most exciting offseason in history folks. New franchise QB incoming on a rookie deal, an A+ coaching staff, and finally investing in our offense. We have a rock solid line, and have plenty of time to draft/sign in free agency. Imagine a world with CJ at QB, plus a great play caller, a good O-Line, Dalton Shultz at TE, a proven Vet free agent wide receiver on one side, A rookie 2nd round WR oozing with potential, TMJ, Shenault, Foreman back at RB, and a third year Chubba. Not a bad 1st year to start with. 

NOW: moving on from my excited rant, here is where we are on Cap:

2023 current Team cap space: $22,719,306

2023 Dead Cap: $48,105,708 (top player cost listed below)

Money spent on Defense: $101,416,661

Money spent on Offense: $58,416,391

Money spent on special teams: $6,599,166

Top cap charges this year (listed below)

****2024 Team Cap Space****

$156,141,981

Id say plenty of money to spend on free agents to make up for no first round pick

B308DC13-5BB1-41BF-9ECE-461B4C148304.jpeg

D30F6C8E-9339-49E8-A17A-13142D84C603.jpeg

8D53C1BD-9306-4C44-9085-369B18F0AA58.jpeg

A5F4199F-E45D-4F68-9D33-C9CC73966BD3.jpeg

Edited by WarPanthers89
  • Pie 4
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Basbear said:

Holy-lee-fug I believe in the last 3 years combined, the panthers have had close to 150 million in total dead cap.

Figure it out finessererererererr, rhule is gone.......

But I keep hearing our salary cap guru is one of the best.... That dead cap hit is nasty!

Love the optimism, but this isn't topping 2011 when we didn't have to give up all the assets for the #1 pick and knew we were about to draft the reigning Heisman winner who just lead his team to an undefeated NC.

Fun for sure, but 2011 was different than this will be, hard to top that one.

• Flames 1

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

But I keep hearing our salary cap guru is one of the best.... That dead cap hit is nasty!

This year true….but this first year will be our new franchise QB’s first year. The expectations won’t be high but man next year will be sweet. He’s entering year two and we have plenty of cap space freed up and another 3 years on his rookie contract (4 with the tag)

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Form teddy to paradis to CMC to anderson to reddick. They have average 50 fuccccking miilion each year. That must be the NFL record over 3 years, Id bet green cash it is.

Awful finessererererererrrrrr.

Where are alllll those "restructure" is totally fine peeps, SPEAK UP!!!

Edited by Basbear

4 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Love the optimism, but this isn't topping 2011 when we didn't have to give up all the assets for the #1 pick and knew we were about to draft the reigning Heisman winner who just lead his team to an undefeated NC.

Fun for sure, but 2011 was different than this will be, hard to top that one.

I guess for me this is the most excited I’ve been with the combination of coaching staff from top to bottom, paired with the number 1 overall pick and our new franchise QB. Cam was not set up for success the last time, but I feel this time it will be different. For the first time in team history we have an offensive coach with amazing senior and young coaches. We have the capability to be very strategic next year with much more cap space. It seems like a true reset on our franchise after Rhule and land of re tread QB hell that we have had to endure.

2 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Form teddy to paradis to CMC to anderson to reddick. They have average 50 fuccccking miilion each year. That must be the NFL record over 3 years, Id bet green cash it is.

Awful finessererererererrrrrr.

Where are alllll those "restructure" is totally fine peeps, SPEAK UP!!!

My head hurts

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Basbear said:

Breaking Bad GIF

Samir Suleiman, this is a fuging joke. Fire yourself. 

We are eating dead cap during our new franchise QB’s rookie year so that we can capitalize in year two. Currently sitting at 156 million which gives much more flexibility for the future. We are setting it up the right way

• Pie 5

10 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

We are eating dead cap during our new franchise QB’s rookie year so that we can capitalize in year two. Currently sitting at 156 million which gives much more flexibility for the future. We are setting it up the right way

This takes me back to 2021 when the panthers had 110 in  2022 cap space and its about this same this year. They spent the better part of borrowing form 2022, to pay for 2021 funkies..... IT was a poo idea then and poo idea now given 5 games were won......

Edited by Basbear