• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So why now for Chicago?

ladypanther

They liked the deal. They're getting an additional future 1st, an additional future 2nd, an additional 2nd this year, and a legit starting WR. They badly needed help for Fields and they're getting it.

Now they can focus on more weapons, pass rush, and OL. It's a great edge rusher class and they should still be able to land a top guy at #9 or possibly use one of their 2nds to package together with #9 to hop up a few spots to grab one.

I honestly think both teams can feel like they "won" this trade on paper. We'll see who wins on the field.

I thought it was a smart move for both teams.  As fans we only see the big trades where teams get a fortune for waiting until the last minute.  But we don't see all of the deals that never happened because a team held out until the last minute and only got crickets.

2 hours ago, ladypanther said:

Anyone been looking on any Bears fan forums and see what they are saying?  Just curious. (Don't know what their best forum is)

It's more fun checking out the Saints board. No ones really saying it out in the open but I'm pretty sure they'd rather have the 1st pick in the draft and our staff than Carr and Dennis Allen lol. They all sound scared of Stroud 

• Flames 2