• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A North Carolina house inspector who found an 8-foot live alligator in the attic of a 3-story house said nobody believed him at first

jayboogieman

• A home inspector discovered an 8-foot-long alligator tucked away in the attic of a North Carolina home.
  • The inspector said at first, he thought it was a "stuffed gator of some sort."
  • When he realized it was alive, the other workers at the house didn't believe him until they saw it. 

Article

How the heck did the gator get up to the attic? The house was under construction, so did it have a ramp?

During my time as an inspector, I had a coyote jump out of a crawlspace doorway (no door in place) as I walked between 2 houses (scared the fugging poo outta me- was not expecting that at all); found a gun stash of 5 weapons (cops said a gang was using the house as a drop location); a few dead dogs and 2 dead bodies...

• Pie 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2023 at 12:58 PM, LinvilleGorge said:

I recently found tens of thousands of dollars worth of Civil War relics in a local attic. The belt alone is valued at $10-12k. They were stowed away in an old wooden crate that was lined with a newspaper from 1890.

I love Civil War relics and would have liked to have seen the treasures you found. Lucky you!!!

4 minutes ago, KatsAzz said:

My goodness !!!  Knowing how fast those gators run, can you imagine being on the other side of that fence and that it being hungry.

lol

I don't want to imagine it. Just watching the clip is enough to freak me out. I didn't think they could climb like that.

14 hours ago, jayboogieman said:

lol

I don't want to imagine it. Just watching the clip is enough to freak me out. I didn't think they could climb like that.

Did a development in Hilton Head about 10 years ago, had never spent much time around them...just so very rare to see them in the Eastern part of the state...they seemed to prefer Myrtle Beach back then for some reason.

Anyway, fell in with some good ole boys from down there (not Hilton Head, actual low country SC) that were doing the ground work for the developer....those boys spent a LOT of time around gators.  Scared me to death how close they would get.  Jump on their backs....etc....just nuts.  Only had one come after me.

• Pie 2