• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let's talk about the Will Levis hate

GOAT

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Early on, Wentz looked like he was gonna be in the MVP conversation for years to come.

Then something happened... heaven only knows what.

If I knew we could get the version of Wentz that existed before things went wrong, I'd absolutely do it.

LaDainian Tomlinson compared him to Josh Allen coming out of college for whatever that's worth.

He was my pick to go 1st overall this draft before the season

Then this season happened where he didn’t progress in any area at all. 

Still can’t process, doesn’t throw with anticipation, pocket awareness is non existent and he gets hurt a lot. 

Rocket launcher of an arm is cool and all but that only gets you so far. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

He was my pick to go 1st overall this draft before the season

Then this season happened where he didn’t progress in any area at all. 

Still can’t process, doesn’t throw with anticipation, pocket awareness is non existent and he gets hurt a lot. 

Rocket launcher of an arm is cool and all but that only gets you so far. 

Yeah his cons are the kinda stuff coaches aren't usually successful at improving. You can't give these guys brain transplants

• Pie 3

18 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Early on, Wentz looked like he was gonna be in the MVP conversation for years to come.

Then something happened... heaven only knows what.

If I knew we could get the version of Wentz that existed before things went wrong, I'd absolutely do it.

NFL stands for "Not For Long". That's what I've learned watching for years.

Wentz got injured, watched his back up hoist the trophy, lost all his coordinators, and the rest is history.

Very rarely do players have long successful careers. There's no way on earth to predict it happening or not.

Haven't read the thread yet ... but of COURSE the majority of the Huddle doesn't like him. He's "boring". Not "flashy". Not "electric". Christ, a 1/3 of this board wanted Zach Wilson lol. Give Levis a headband and have him scoot all over the field and the Huddle would be in love.

• Pie 2

Just now, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Haven't read the thread yet ... but of COURSE the majority of the Huddle doesn't like him. He's "boring". Not "flashy". Not "electric". Christ, a 1/3 of this board wanted Zach Wilson lol. Give Levis a headband and have him scoot all over the field and the Huddle would be in love.

I don't really think that's it. His positives are his athleticism, arm, and scrambling. His biggest critics like the much more traditional, in other words boring, quarterbacking of Stroud.

Josh Norris and Josh McCown (pre us hiring him) made this excellent show where they analyzed Young, Stroud and Levis. Their analysis felt very fair and unbiased. I haven’t watched any of Levis games myself, but I fully trust the opinions of the Joshes, and the Levis review was rough. They tried to be nice, but it felt like the mental aspect and processing is significantly lacking for Levis. So that’s why I don’t want him. I don’t hate him at all, but that analysis made me not want him.

Here is the link;

• Pie 2

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Loads of mocks have us taking him, several after a trade up to #3.

Of course? Why wouldn't they? That doesn't mean anything. Lots of quarterbacks get mocked and selected very high with the same problems Levis has. We even traded for one of them.

Just now, Krovvy said:

Of course? Why wouldn't they? That doesn't mean anything. Lots of quarterbacks get mocked and selected very high with the same problems Levis has. We even traded for one of them.

It's based at least partially on multiple sources pointing out that we like him

1 minute ago, Martin said:

Josh Norris and Josh McCown (pre us hiring him) made this excellent show where they analyzed Young, Stroud and Levis. Their analysis felt very fair and unbiased. I haven’t watched any of Levis games myself, but I fully trust the opinions of the Joshes, and the Levis review was rough. They tried to be nice, but it felt like the mental aspect and processing is significantly lacking for Levis. So that’s why I don’t want him. I don’t hate him at all, but that analysis made me not want him.

I haven't watched their breakdown yet, but I've watched all of his games that I can find, and it sounds like my same takeaway.

• Pie 1