• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Breaking: Lamar Jackson is available as Raven's have placed the non-exclusive franchise tag on him.

thunderraiden

Seriously, I think they need a cap that breaks down limits to players, not just rosters. For example, a team can have the following: (This is just an example--no research--but it seems the increase in cap is going to the QB, and it is not being realized as much by the rest of the roster.) I am guessing the Player's union could get behind something like this that benefits a majority of the players.  Have not done the math--but a roster cap?

2 A players who each make 10% of the cap. (about $22.5m each)

6 B players who each make 5% of the cap. (about $11m each)

10 C players who each make 4% of the cap. (about $9m each)

12 D players who each make 3% of the cap. (about $6.8m)

25 E players and  who each make 1% of the cap on average. (range $1m to $2m each)

This increases the active roster to 55 players and allows for $$ for practice squads. Complex contracts would need a formula to pay bonuses, etc. but this would simplify contracts and get everyone on a more equal scale--so that teams cannot manipulate the salary cap.

I call it the NFL MHS is a jeanyus CAP.

They have been killing us and Atlanta this morning about not offering Lamar a contract. Basically called us losers because we aren't trying to sign a QB who wins.

Even if you don't like Lamar, why are we not even offering a contract?

We don't have to offer him the Watson contract. Offer him the Kyler Murray contract. I just don't understand how Tepper went all out for Watson but he's not even interested in Lamar who has a better resume.

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I would think this is resolved one way or another within 7-10 days.  Strictly my opinion but its pretty much blown up all over the news, not just nfl but seems to be a national story about collusion and now race.  Which is nuts.   I just think the nfl and ravens are going to figure something out

Who's saying anything about race?

I have been watching the different media shows this morning and I haven't seen anyone bring up race. They all saying it is about collusion from the owners.

6 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Offer him the Kyler Murray contract.

I agree but Baltimore would just match it and tell Lamar see? No one giving you guaranteed money.  Also, even though the media hasn't screamed race, they are screaming collusion, which is their way of implying a bunch of white owners conspiring against a black player. The undertones of these articles are certainly filled with race. I think only two owners are dumb enough to offer a fully guaranteed contract and one already did that with the massage enthusiast and the other is trying to sell the Commandos.  

3 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

I agree but Baltimore would just match it and tell Lamar see? No one giving you guaranteed money.  Also, even though the media hasn't screamed race, they are screaming collusion, which is their way of implying a bunch of white owners conspiring against a black player. The undertones of these articles are certainly filled with race. I think only two owners are dumb enough to offer a fully guaranteed contract and one already did that with the massage enthusiast and the other is trying to sell the Commandos.  

Then let them match it.lol

It's not hard. Just offer him a contract at least show the fans we are trying to find a winning QB.

How the hell do you go after the weirdo Watson but not even go after Lamar. It makes no sense.

5 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

How much is kylers guaranteed, my understanding is Baltimore offered 133 and wouldn’t budge, if kylers is more, that could do it. 

3 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Then let them match it.lol

It's not hard. Just offer him a contract at least show the fans we are trying to find a winning QB.

How the hell do you go after the weirdo Watson but not even go after Lamar. It makes no sense.

I agree.  And if Baltimore shocks us and says give us two 1's, all the better. 

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

My man you reading random articles about a single person thoughts on a situation?

Im talking about the media the people that are actually seen by millions of people. Nobody is saying race is the issue. Im watching and they are all saying it is about collusion.

You're giving me random articles from some fan blogger.smh

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

I can't disagree with our decision not to try and go for Lamar but I will say it's cringe af people don't want him yet will still talk up someone like Darnold. The ol' baby goat mentality is still at it.

That's all im saying.

What does it say about us that we go after QB's like Darnold/Carr/Watson/Mayfield/Bridgewater then think we are too good for a former MVP who all he does is win 75% of his games.

Then we wonder why the media is calling us a losers on Nat'l tv for not offering Lamar a contract. Maybe because we make dumb decisions like we have the past 3 years.