• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Breaking: Lamar Jackson is available as Raven's have placed the non-exclusive franchise tag on him.

thunderraiden

12 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

He would just sit out like Watson did.

He should have sit out last year, just poor planning by lamar. Now hes lost any 45 million or 100+ million deal, hes one year behind and will never get it back....plus he lost the lots of the "no report".

2 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

I'm pretty sure there's language in there that doesn't allow a player to sit out if his team matches the offer. That would be negotiating in bad faith. I would think the Ravens and NFLPA would be able to eat him alive for it. 

Probably worth mentioning that Watson wasn't actually franchised.

He was under contract when he held out so the situation isn't quite the same.

• Pie 1

This could also be the owners coming together so they don't have a new beast on their hand because if another team gives him the Watson contract it will be the new norm for the QB's coming up like Burrow/Allen.

Which also explains that rumor that Snyder might screw the owners on his way out by offering Lamar the Watson deal.

It's odd nobody is even interested now...

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

This could also be the owners coming together so they don't have a new beast on their hand because if another team gives him the Watson contract it will be the new norm for the QB's coming up like Burrow/Allen.

Which also explains that rumor that Snyder might screw the owners on his way out by offering Lamar the Watson deal.

It's odd nobody is even interested now...

Its not odd. To you maybe, but I expected this to happen.  I think Lamar is about to find out he's not going to get the kind of contract he wants. 

• Pie 3

6 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Stephen Ross don’t give a fug and will have the dolphins in on Lamar and when he complains because the league comes after him for something it will be hilarious.

They don’t have a first this year and for this trade I think you have to. 

Just now, MHS831 said:

You can't help but wonder where Lamar Jax would be right now with an agent.  Did he screw himself here?  I think he did, but details will be available soon.

All you really need to do is look at the Josh Norman situation before and after having a real agent to get the answer to that. 

• Pie 1