• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Via Panthers Wire via The Athletic , Person says we like AR, but not enough. Buzz about the 3rd

top dawg

2 minutes ago, KITTYSPAW said:

But there could be a Patrick Mahomes, Russel Wilson, Jalen Hurts/LamarJackson in this draft. Makes sense to mortgage our future now, unless you just believe we should tank now, then what happens to the dream staff? Do you really believe those guys got paid to lose their first season, its called a kings ransom for a reason. 

Long Live the King, whomever that may be, but we know it ain't Levis, if we go to the top of the mountain.

Lol...but there's not so...

2 minutes ago, heel31ok said:

Lol...but there's not so...

you right, 5 years from now the QB starving fans going be screaming for names like C.J. Stroud, Bryce Young, and AR-15. Because they got their own names, because guess what they different people, wow.

Any one of those rookies are better than what we had in the last 5 years. Think about that for a second.

16 minutes ago, KITTYSPAW said:

you right, 5 years from now the QB starving fans going be screaming for names like C.J. Stroud, Bryce Young, and AR-15. Because they got their own names, because guess what they different people, wow.

Any one of those rookies are better than what we had in the last 5 years. Think about that for a second.

Lol...none of them will be starting in 5 yrs...except AR who will be a heck of a TE...

• Pie 2

12 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

That's fair.. just a quick note on the footwork. As it was shared in the combine thread... his footwork was elite during the throwing session. Kurt Warner was raving about it and SS sr. was agreeing. The way his feet moved his throw cadence was what scouts are probably droooling about right now. One thing to keep in mind is that Saturday was the first time people have been able to see a healthy Will Levis since September. 

I think Levis is going to be a great QB in the league, as I have stated much on this message board. He is just an easy target right now for scrutiny. 

You’re one of the better posters on the Huddle, but I never understood your fascination with Levis. He forces throws and as analyst look in hindsight at his tape they have trouble understanding his decision making. Levis is athletic with a big arm, but he has awful pocket presence. We have the staff to teach a QB to make better decisions, but you can’t teach a QB to have that sixth sense in the pocket.  Of the 4 big prospects he’s a bull in a China shop in the pocket. That’s worrisome and as objective as you are about the other draft prospects your objectivity seems to fly out the window when it comes to Levis.

‘Hey if we draft Levis and I’m wrong about him I will be ecstatic, but I can’t ignore the glaring issues that have been highlighted this season. He’s also the oldest of the big 4 prospects. I don’t see him miraculously growing into a top 10 quarterback with his pocket issues. 

Heck Darnold had a much  better college resume than Levis and he’s only 2 years older. 

Carolina has seen something this process that has taken them out of the veteran QB market. By taking themselves out of the Carr conversation to now Rodgers talking to the Jets near exclusively, we've got our eye on someone pretty hard. I like it as long as we don't have to give up 3 total 1st round picks. Bears aren't going to trade Fields. Too quiet on that front. I think we like Stroud and I think Houston also likes Stroud, so we either trade up to 1st to take him or we get up to 1st to take Young. I think they're feeling the pressure to do something big time big time. 

Here’s a thought experiment:  A. What if the new administration thinks more highly of Hooker than most of the draft experts here on the Huddle?  Not that Hooker is better than any of ‘the four’, but that the gap between Hooker and ‘the four’ is not as great as many here perceive?

B.  What if the new staff believes Hooker is actually less risk per unit of draft capital invested?

Edited by bythenbrs
  • Beer 2

3 hours ago, SameDamnThing said:

Carolina has seen something this process that has taken them out of the veteran QB market. By taking themselves out of the Carr conversation to now Rodgers talking to the Jets near exclusively, we've got our eye on someone pretty hard. I like it as long as we don't have to give up 3 total 1st round picks. Bears aren't going to trade Fields. Too quiet on that front. I think we like Stroud and I think Houston also likes Stroud, so we either trade up to 1st to take him or we get up to 1st to take Young. I think they're feeling the pressure to do something big time big time. 

2 first round picks and a 3rd is what the 49ers gave up to get Lance and that wasnt even #1. If we trade, I see us trying to get to 1. It’s going to require three first rounders or at minimum 2 firsts and 2 seconds. 

Here is my conspiracy theory:

There are *WAY* too many reports rn about chicago trading the number one pick. Like every national reporter is saying it. Poles is trying his damndest to drive up the price of that pick and cause Indy or CAR to panic and trade up. 

My sense is the league (not the fans) know this. 

I still come back to rumors that Indy loves Levis and Houston loves Young. I think the Panthers are in a good position to get Stroud. If that is at pick 3 that's fine. I really do think he may be there at 5 though with Seattle 

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, Beast_3000 said:

You’re one of the better posters on the Huddle, but I never understood your fascination with Levis. He forces throws and as analyst look in hindsight at his tape they have trouble understanding his decision making. Levis is athletic with a big arm, but he has awful pocket presence. We have the staff to teach a QB to make better decisions, but you can’t teach a QB to have that sixth sense in the pocket.  Of the 4 big prospects he’s a bull in a China shop in the pocket. That’s worrisome and as objective as you are about the other draft prospects your objectivity seems to fly out the window when it comes to Levis.

‘Hey if we draft Levis and I’m wrong about him I will be ecstatic, but I can’t ignore the glaring issues that have been highlighted this season. He’s also the oldest of the big 4 prospects. I don’t see him miraculously growing into a top 10 quarterback with his pocket issues. 

Heck Darnold had a much  better college resume than Levis and he’s only 2 years older. 

I understand your perspective and I am not going to push back on it. I don't feel that I have been too radical on Levis, and if anything I have been more defensive of him on here than anything else. Most of the time when I am posting about Levis it is in defense of misinformation about the kid, or conjecture that has little data to support it. 

Most my content here comes from all of the services that I subscribe to. I am football nut and listen to all types of content daily. The primary perspective that I have on Levis has been driven by listening to current and former scouts/coaches talk about him. They see him in a far different light than posted here. 

I think it might be time for me to write up a post on Levis sharing all of this content and the pieces around how his game would translate to the NFL. I was going (and might stilll) to wait until after the pro day to write up, just so I could contribute all of the facts.  Especially, if the hudddle would find this valuable. 

One note that has stuck in my head that Jordan Palmer said about Levis back in late fall/early winter: If Levis played for OSU or Alabama this past year... he would not only be the number 1 pick of this draft, he would be seen as the Andrew Luck of this decade (paraphrased)

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

18 hours ago, travisura said:

I think you might be understating how many people would be disappointed with Levis, and overstating how many people don't care which one of the top 4 we end up taking.

I would be completely disappointed if we end up with Levis.  Then, 5 minutes later, I would support him 100%.

• Pie 2