• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Saints Sign Derek Carr to 4 year deal.

TheWiz

Just now, Sub Zero said:

Exactly.. The team should have been on rebuild mode when Brees and Payton left.. Bit they refuse to do this and the cap magic they do isn’t for a Super Bowl contender but barley winning a bad division now.. This will blow in their faces and they have set themselves back atleast 6 years now..

This will finally blow up when Loomis retires. Dude is a cap manipulation god. Until then, it just is what it is.

First move in FA is to slightly overpay for Brissett.  Gotta happen, or a comp similar to him.  Better to overpay him a couple million and get him off the market quickly than keep getting deeper down the list in talent with the FA QBs.

Like it or not folks, we GOT to have a veteran QB on this roster, though not necessarily the starter.  It would be irresponsible not to.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

This will finally blow up when Loomis retires. Dude is a cap manipulation god. Until then, it just is what it is.

Yeah he is but now that cap manipulation is with 35 year old players contracts not 26 to 30 year old players contracts.. They are extending contracts of players close to retirement age.. They can’t make big moves in Fa and will have to cut players just to sign their draft class.. This will be epic when it fails..

• Pie 2

Just now, WUnderhill said:

Well that increases Bears leverage. Saints always find a way to fug us.

Not really. You always go into negotiations knowing where your limits are to start with. If you go past that, you fug yourself. You have to be willing to walk away. If you aren't, it's not negotiation, it's desperation. We've already seen what happens with that. Being the only suitor for Darnold with our starter being PJ Walker. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

2 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

The Saints have a good defense, and now have a good QB. They just took the lead in the arms race. Personally, I like the idea of building around that rookie contract. More likely to have better long term results. 

They have a old Defense that has steadily declined and will have to cut some of those players soon.. Oline is breaking down.. Draft capital isn’t great.. And they got a Meh QB.

good for them..

• Beer 1

32 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

Yeah, they need a QB, but they also need a lot else.  Especially on offense. 

I doubt he ultimately helps their money situation.  You have to assume it is heavily back-loaded with some deadlines for accelerators that make those years guaranteed (much like his Raiders contract).

They could wind up being a team with a decent defense, good QB, and little else on the offensive side of the ball.  I don't think that is an ideal fit for him.

This move also probably starts the countdown for their coaching staff.  If they thought they had a few years, they need to think again. 

I mean, they've got Kamara and Olave, and Thomas if he ever gets back to playing again.  Thats not nothing...

• Pie 2