• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ryan Poles trying to drive up the cost of the #1 pick

NAS

On 3/9/2023 at 4:03 PM, ForJimmy said:

I’m just saying everything is very fluid. Burns may want too much money for example. Especially after hearing what they turned down for him.

Knowing that, do you think they're gonna turn around and ship him off?

10 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

You want to do nothing like we have done ever since Cam has left. It’s worked great so far. Makes sense…

"Since Cam left" basically equals the Matt Rhule era.

I know it might feel like it's longer than that but it really isn't.

33 minutes ago, joemac said:

There is A LOT of smoke/chatter currently on NFL Twitter about us having a trade in place with Chicago to get the first overall pick...

Wake me when it's coming from someone more legit than a Bears fan page.

I grant it's possible but I'd need better sourcing to buy in.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Knowing that, do you think they're gonna turn around and ship him off?

"Since Cam left" basically equals the Matt Rhule era.

I know it might feel like it's longer than that but it really isn't.

Evero said one of our top defensive players "among others" is a reason he took the job.  I mean that makes sense, but I seriously doubt he was promised Burns would be here for the long haul...  If we already had Burns' contract laid out that would be a different story.  Evero would still have Horn, Chinn, Brown and many of the "others" on that young defense.  Plus he will be involved in free agency and replacing a player like Burns if he is traded.

Which was equated to Teddy, Sam, and Baker all failing.  Teddy wasting money, Sam wasting money and picks.  Fitt has said multiple times that draft your QB is the ideal way to do it.  One could argue Rhule refusing to draft a QB early is what cost him his position ultimately.  Burrow was drafted, Allen was drafted (traded up), Mahomes drafted (traded up), Herbert drafted it's how teams acquire young QBs.  Rams traded for Stafford and I get they won it all, but now are interested in trading him, Broncos traded for Russ and we see how that went, Geno was a nice pick up for Seattle but they are still looking at QBs in the draft and have his contract structured where they can ditch him after this year.  We can keep trying to "think outside the box" or take on other team's castoffs but at the end of the day you have to eventually draft your QB.  We did it in 2011 and it worked very good, let's do it again.