• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do we agree trading up to #3 with Cardinals is the best option for the team?

CamWhoaaCam

46 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I would love to get the #1 pick but what it would take to move up would hurt us in the short term. Yeah we would have our choice of any of the QB's, but it would still be a huge gamble we would have to hit on.

I rather trade up to #3 and keep that extra 1st round pick we would lose if we traded with the Bears. We are guaranteed at least one of the top 3 QB's. They all same to be on the same tier as talents. I want Stroud but I would be happy with AR or Bryce at #3 or vice 

Basically it would take 3 1st round picks to get to #1. For the #3 pick we could probably get it with 2 1st round picks and maybe a later round pick. That seems to be the safe option just trading to #3 and getting the QB that falls into our lap.

Thoughts?

Stay and take bpa at 9,or try to trade back for more picks

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Just go to number 1 and get stroud. He is the safest bet. 

I think I actually agree with you for once. Stroud is the safest option. Either go up and get him or sit at 9. Don’t wager your next 5 years on a guy because you need a QB and you’re throwing a dart at one. 

• Pie 2

Getting Stroud if it costs you a first next year is worth it to me if he is your guy. Imean, giving 2 first rounders and a second is not that much for a franchise QB. Don't forget--we should have a lot of cap room next year, so the loss of a first rounder can be absorbed in free agency.  If we feel that either of three is OK, then that contradicts their philosophy on moving up.  I think their board is:

• Stroud
  • Richardson
  • Young
  • Herndon
  • Pie 2

4 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The Niners allowed themselves to get so terribly fleeced trading up to #3 a couple of years ago that I'm not sure it'll be much cheaper to get to #3. You know the Cardinals will try to use that trade as the blueprint.

Where was San Fran coming from??

It's easy for us to say the Panthers should do this because for us there is no consequences for us if the player we move up to get is a bust. For Fitterer, mortgaging the future of the franchise by giving up 3 1st round picks and more in a bidding war with other teams to move up and select one of these QB's would cost him not only this job, but likely his career as a GM if the player doesn't make it. Yes AR could be the next Cam, but he could also be the next Dante Culpepper. Stroud could be like Burrow but he could also turn out to be like Matt Leinart. For a GM to make this move, he would be betting on them with his own future and the livelihood of his own family.

• Pie 4

If we spend our 9th pick on AR and he busts, then we have 2024 and 2025 high 1st round picks to address the problem. If we trade down for Hooker in the second round, and he busts then we're still in good shape long term with our draft capital.

If we trade multiple high draft picks for CJ and he busts, then we're stuck with less options for fixing the problem later. Now I would have rather Fitt traded Burns to the Rams for 2 future first round picks, but our team is not managed well. Even so, all Fitt has to do is take advantage of the draft picks we're being gifted by his failure to build a winning team. Losing has its benefits in the NFL, but you need to not be stupid and reckless.

Edited by pantherj
typo
  • Pie 3