• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Supposed Schefter report without any source cited for actual comment (if one was made): Panthers have reached out to GreenBay inquiring about Rodgers

ncfan

2 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Can't remember which one said it yesterday, Fitt or Reich, (I think it was Fitt) but they basically said we are in win-now mode.  And if we get Rodgers that becomes more like, "win-Superbowl-now."

Win now mode would look more like throwing away draft picks to acquire premier players and signing big FAs to big money.  I don't see any of that happening.  I think his "win now" was more of we are able to compete now.  They seem more concerned about building a solid foundation and being consistently good (which I like).  That looks more like a rookie QB to me...

8 minutes ago, travisura said:

You're the only one raising a stink about this not occurring. Perhaps you don't like the idea so you're holding on to the possibility that it's not true? 

This is a "stink"? 🤔

Nah. If the story were true I wouldn't be that bothered by it given the way our front office operates. I wouldn't take it all that seriously either for the same reason.

But regardless, if you go to Twitter you can find loads of low level "sources" claiming they saw someone say something on TV to draw attention to themselves. Happens pretty much every day.

That's why until I see a more reliable source doing something other than quoting this Twitter account, I'm not buying it.

If that pisses you off, why? 😕

Edited by Mr. Scot

9 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

This is a "stink"? 🤔

Nah. If the story were true I wouldn't be that bothered by it given the way our front office operates. I wouldn't take it all that seriously either for the same reason.

But regardless, if you go to Twitter you can find loads of low level "sources" claiming they saw someone say something on TV to draw attention to themselves. Happens pretty much every day.

That's why until I see a more reliable source doing something other than quoting this Twitter account, I'm not buying it.

If that pisses you off, why? 😕

Lmao my dude I'm not pissed off, I don't care one way or the other if this story is true or not. We're not getting Rodgers either way. I'm just commenting on your immediate push to disprove the narrative.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

They keep crediting Adam Schefter.  It looks like Schefter mentioned it on NFL Live.

The original source apparently claimed to have seen it there, and the guy above (from BroBible) quoted it. It's a common tactic used by fake Twitter accounts to claim someone said it.

Will Kunkel and Sheena Quick have both said it's bullsh-t. Most others haven't even acknowledgement it.

3 minutes ago, travisura said:

Lmao my dude I'm not pissed off, I don't care one way or the other if this story is true or not. We're not getting Rodgers either way. I'm just commenting on your immediate push to disprove the narrative.

Would you rather everyone have an extended discussion of a fake story?

Why?

Edited by Mr. Scot

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• PMH4OWPW7JD2TDGWZKTOYL2T3E.jpg

• Topics

• Fields is by far the most talented of the available QBs in FA.   Just not sure he will be a available because the Steelers are winning games. The more games they win the less likely he will be available. Fields gets them to the playoffs he's getting a nice contract from the Steelers imo.
    • thanks @Candler Cat copied and added to the OP.
    • QUARTERBACKS (10): Marc Bulger, Randall Cunningham, Jake Delhomme, Doug Flutie, Rich Gannon, Jeff Garcia, Donovan McNabb, Eli Manning, Steve McNair, Tony Romo RUNNING BACKS (31): Shaun Alexander, Terry Allen, Jamal Anderson, Tiki Barber, Larry Centers (FB), Jamaal Charles, Stephen Davis, Corey Dillon, Warrick Dunn, Charlie Garner, Eddie George, Priest Holmes, Steven Jackson, Chris Johnson, Thomas Jones, John Kuhn (FB), Vonta Leach, Dorsey Levens, Jamal Lewis, Marshawn Lynch, Eric Metcalf (also WR/PR/KR), Glyn Milburn (also WR), Lorenzo Neal (FB), Clinton Portis, Tony Richardson (FB), Robert Smith, Darren Sproles (also PR/KR), Fred Taylor*, Chris Warren, Ricky Watters, Ricky Williams WIDE RECEIVERS (21): Anquan Boldin, Donald Driver, Antonio Freeman, Irving Fryar, Torry Holt*, Joe Horn, Chad Johnson, Brandon Marshall, Derrick Mason, Herman Moore, Muhsin Muhammad, Jordy Nelson, Andre Rison, Jimmy Smith, Rod Smith, Steve Smith Sr., Demaryius Thomas, Hines Ward, Reggie Wayne*, Wes Welker, Roddy White TIGHT ENDS (6): Ben Coates, Vernon Davis, Antonio Gates, Jeremy Shockey, *Delanie Walker, Wesley Walls OFFENSIVE LINEMEN (26): Willie Anderson* (T), Bruce Armstrong (T/G), Matt Birk (C), Lomas Brown (T), Ruben Brown (G), Jahri Evans* (G), Travis Frederick (C), Jordan Gross (T), Ryan Kalil (C), Lincoln Kennedy (T), Olin Kreutz (C), T.J. Lang (G/T), Nick Mangold (C), Logan Mankins (G), Tom Nalen (C), Jeff Saturday (C), Mark Schlereth (G/C), Josh Sitton (G), Chris Snee (G), Joe Staley (T), Dave Szott (G), Brian Waters (G), Richmond Webb (T), Erik Williams (T), Steve Wisniewski (G), Marshal Yanda (G) DEFENSIVE LINEMEN (18): John Abraham (DE also LB), Jared Allen* (DE), La'Roi Glover (DT/NT), Casey Hampton (DT/NT), Robert Mathis (DE), Chester McGlockton (DT), Haloti Ngata (DT), Simeon Rice (DE), Clyde Simmons (DE/DT), Justin Smith (DE), Neil Smith (DE), Henry Thomas (DT/NT), Justin Tuck (DE), Ted Washington (NT/DT), Vince Wilfork (DT/NT), Jamal Williams (DT/NT), Kevin Williams (DT), Pat Williams (DT) LINEBACKERS (20): Jessie Armstead, Brendon Ayanbadejo, Cornelius Bennett, Lance Briggs, Keith Brooking, NaVorro Bowman, Tedy Bruschi, Donnie Edwards, James Farrior, London Fletcher, James Harrison, Luke Kuechly, Willie McGinest (also DE), Ken Norton Jr., Julian Peterson, Bill Romanowski, Takeo Spikes, Terrell Suggs, Mike Vrabel, Lee Woodall DEFENSIVE BACKS (18): Eric Allen* (CB), Eric Berry (DB), Antoine Bethea (S), Dré Bly (DB), Kam Chancellor (S), Nick Collins (DB), Antonio Cromartie (CB), DeAngelo Hall (DB), Rodney Harrison* (S), Eugene Robinson (DB), Samari Rolle (DB), Allen Rossum (DB), Bob Sanders (S), Aqib Talib (CB), Earl Thomas (S), Charles Tillman (CB), Troy Vincent (CB), Darren Woodson* (S) PUNTERS/KICKERS (15): David Akers (K), Gary Anderson (K), Darren Bennett (P), Jason Elam (K), Jeff Feagles (P), Jason Hanson (K), John Kasay (K), Sean Landeta (P), Shane Lechler (P), Pat McAfee (P), Brian Moorman (P), Matt Stover (K), Matt Turk (P), Mike Vanderjagt (K), Adam Vinatieri (K) SPECIAL TEAMS (2): Josh Cribbs (KR/PR also WR), Brian Mitchell (KR/PR also RB)