• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I might be reading too much into this but...

methodtoll

3 hours ago, Wundrbread33 said:

I don’t think much can be made from these pressers regarding personnel. It’s all vague. 

Everyone wants a QB who facilitates to the playmakers but can make the play himself when he needs to. A QB who can stand strong in the pocket but can make plays with his feet. A strong arm with accuracy who can rifle it but knows when to throw with touch. 

Every QB is a “point guard”. But some QB’s are more Chris Paul and some are more Ja Morant. 

Exactly. "we want a good one who runs the offense and distributes the ball" is what everyone wants

Yes, I do believe you are reading too much into the statements. To me wanting a QB that is like a PG isn’t some clue or hint. Now if he had said “I want a QB that is similar to a bench warmer that when gets into the game, can only drive to the left and shoot with his right hand.” Now that would be a clue or hint!

10 hours ago, bythenbrs said:

Or Theisman.  Not quite Tarkenton but a reasonable knock-off…

They've all been knock offs ever since. He had everything, great arm, great speed and an overactive survival instinct. Tarkenton often said he never had a plan on the scrambles, he just wanted to see the next morning from something other than a hospital bed. 

If you straightened out all of his runs, he'd probably still hold the NFL rushing record for all players! And is still #14 on all time passing with 47,003 yards on the career. I believe four Super Bowl appearances, too. Dude is way underappreciated by the league.

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, CPantherKing said:

So, you want a mobile QB who came out of Georgie, played for the SEC, won a national championship in college, was drafted by an NFC team, was given up on by the team that drafted him due to injury problems in his late 20s, frustrates his offensive coaches with his risk taking/decision making, is unorthodox in his play style/throwing style, has been good enough to be considered for MVP, went on to play for another NFL team that also gave up on him, has been a Pro Bowl QB, and was offensive RoY. You want this QB to come back to his first NFL team in his early 30s to play another 6 to 7 years while leading the Panthers to 4 SBs in his mid to late 30s?

I believe there is an available QB that fits the Fran Tarkenton model. I just think there are more fans that want to draft one of the top two first round QBs like Jerry Tagge and John Reaves instead of bringing back a QB in their 30s with experience who had injury problems.

You win this one!

• Beer 1

I really think we should trade down in the first and the second acquiring capital for next year's draft unless Stroud somehow slips to 9. Down to the 20-25 range and grab Meyer at te. Then go bpa after that.  Have 2 firsts and 2 seconds next year.  Sign darnold to a cheap 2 year deal and let him and Corral compete this season.  Then next year if one of them isn't great we go all in on Maye or Caleb Williams.  

Bryce is the definition of a point guard playing QB

But Reich wants a RPO guy and with Young’s size I don’t think you’d want him running in those situations 

I really hope McCown has some say in this because I think McCown likes Stroud more than the Panthers do. Stroud can run he just wasn’t asked to do so in college

I think we end up with Levis 

47 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Bryce is the definition of a point guard playing QB

But Reich wants a RPO guy and with Young’s size I don’t think you’d want him running in those situations 

I really hope McCown has some say in this because I think McCown likes Stroud more than the Panthers do. Stroud can run he just wasn’t asked to do so in college

I think we end up with Levis 

Young/Stroud go top 4 and we are not moving into the top 3.  I am not high on Levis nor AR.  I hope all the QB needy teams ahead of us get nervous and start leapfrogging one another and by #9, all four are gone.  I's rather take a flyer pick on Hooker in the 2nd than Levis or AR.

59 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Young/Stroud go top 4 and we are not moving into the top 3.  I am not high on Levis nor AR.  I hope all the QB needy teams ahead of us get nervous and start leapfrogging one another and by #9, all four are gone.  I's rather take a flyer pick on Hooker in the 2nd than Levis or AR.

I won’t be shocked one bit if Levis goes before Stroud or Young or even both 

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I know you added the tag, but you do realize there are people on here delusional enough to take you seriously, right? 😕

I think it's just the Cam haters.

People know Cam is done playing football. They just bring him up to make people mad.

I had a dude literally call me a Cam fanboy because of my username. And I never talk about bringing Cam back lol

Edited by CamWhoaaCam

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I know you added the tag, but you do realize there are people on here delusional enough to take you seriously, right? 😕

Cam will always hold a special place in my heart and I would welcome him back in a heartbeat as the vet in the room for Stroud or Corrall (or both)

But that ship has long sailed. His return was probably the highlight of the Rhule era.

• Beer 1