• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stafford/Carr Comparison

Cdparr7

7 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Carr and his people aren't dumb. They'll be anticipating that and acting like they'll go for a teddy Bridgewater level deal in equivalent dollars seems dumb.

What I don't understand is if this guy is as great as everyone is saying why has there only been 2 teams that have shown interest?

He's the best available QB and can be had right now but seems like teams still waiting on the actual legit QB's Rodgers and Lamar to make a move.

57 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Bro why do you overthink everything?

I clearly said he was a good QB just not good enough with this roster we have.

49ers/Jets should be the teams he's looking at. Im not trying to just make the playoffs with Carr. I want to actually win a SB. Either draft a QB and develop them or trade for a true franchise QB who can win right now aka Lamar/Rodgers.

Been saying this forever but you can't seem to comprehend you rather ask silly questions.

Not a clue...

40 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

“Umm yes he’s the QB” doesn’t cut it. It’s too simple. Team game. 

And why doesn’t he fit with this roster? A Stafford comparison isn’t silly. 

Stafford went from disfunction to a team with an offensive plan and he thrived. 

We may not be as talented as that Rams team, but we have been competitive with absolute  liabilities at QB. 

We have a staff that will know how to run an offense, and we are a playoff team with a competent QB, especially in our trash division. 

Winning a Super Bowl is hard, so you don’t have to call him Stafford, but Stafford lite is a realistic scenario. 

He doesn't know, dude.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, csx said:

Carr is on on the level Stafford was. I think everyone knows or should know that.

I remember people saying Stafford had one of the best arms in football during his Lions days.

I never heard this about Carr. Stafford had elite arm talent. Carr has never been talked about on that level.

If Carr is what you think he would be signed by now. Teams putting him on hold for Lamar and Rodgers. 

2 minutes ago, csx said:

Carr is on on the level Stafford was. I think everyone knows or should know that.

Not really. Stafford has averaged minimum 64% to 68% completion for 8 seasons in a row along with 9 seasons of 4000 or more passing yards. If Carr had that level of consistency he would already be signed to one of the largest QB deals in league history. Folks on the huddle are desperate to build up Carr as a sure thing. Sorry. He isn't.

• Poo 1

8 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

We have like 5 different Carr threads.

People really want this dude as the next Panthers QB.lol

Carr so wanted the Jets literally put him on hold to wait for Aaron Rodgers to end his retreat.smh

Well, he's a proven QB. I just don't see us getting Stroud or Young. Levis and Richardson are possibilities, but statistically speaking, there's a good chance they will be busts. But it may be a couple of seasons before we'll know for sure. Wouldn't you rather go with the veteran QB with multiple pro-bowls under his belt? It's either win now or be prepared to wait a couple of seasons to see whomever we draft works out.

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, frankw said:

Not really. Stafford has averaged minimum 64% to 68% completion for 8 seasons in a row along with 9 seasons of 4000 or more passing yards. If Carr had that level of consistency he would already be signed to one of the largest QB deals in league history. Folks on the huddle are desperate to build up Carr as a sure thing. Sorry. He isn't.

I mean, he's more of a sure thing than any rookie QB. 

3 hours ago, Wundrbread33 said:

What’s your definition of “retread”? Additionally, how is the term used in context on this board? (Was “retread” used by Ram fans when they were winning games with Stafford for example)

These must be defined in order for a “truth” statement to be arrived at. 

If we assumed “his team decided to move on” is your definition, then would you consider any free agent or trade acquisition as a “retread”? Even players who you personally like?

Or is it, as I assume, a term reserved to talk about players from other teams in a negative light.

Let me ask you this straight up. What path do you think we have better odds of resulting in another Super Bowl appearance with? Chasing other teams discarded quarterbacks or drafting our own?

Let's take a look at the last 10-15 years of Super Bowl teams.

https://www.insider.com/how-super-bowl-teams-acquired-their-quarterback-2022-2

You've got 3 key free agents who helped their new team win one. Brees who went from SD to NO. Manning who went from Indy to Denver. And Brady who went from NE to Tampa Bay. All three are basically instant hall of famers and one is the undisputed goat albeit a total douchecanoe. Beyond that you've got a couple trades that are very rare like the Stafford to Rams deal. What's the trend with the rest? Drafted! 🤫

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 1
  • Poo 1

18 minutes ago, Xtreme said:

Well, he's a proven QB. I just don't see us getting Stroud or Young. Levis and Richardson are possibilities, but statistically speaking, there's a good chance they will be busts. But it may be a couple of seasons before we'll know for sure. Wouldn't you rather go with the veteran QB with multiple pro-bowls under his belt? It's either win now or be prepared to wait a couple of seasons to see whomever we draft works out.

Yeah give me the QB in the draft if he is a bust then oh well.

Carr is taking this team nowhere. He had weapons in Las Vegas and still couldn't win.

You think with lesser weapons he's taking this team anywhere?

• Poo 1

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

Let me ask you this straight up. What path do you think we have better odds of resulting in another Super Bowl appearance with? Chasing other teams discarded quarterbacks or drafting our own?

Let's take a look at the last 10 years or so of Super Bowl teams.

https://www.insider.com/how-super-bowl-teams-acquired-their-quarterback-2022-2

You've got 3 key free agents who helped their new team win one. Brees who went from SD to NO. Manning who went from Indy to Denver. And Brady who went from NE to Tampa Bay. All three are basically instant hall of famers and one is the undisputed goat albeit a total douchecanoe. Beyond that you've got a couple trades that are very rare like the Stafford to Rams deal. What's the trend with the rest? Drafted! 🤫

Im not sure why people are obsessed with trying to fix others teams QB's that they get rid of for a reason. 

Carr is 32 he is what he is.

Draft a QB for a change and develop them.

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

26 minutes ago, frankw said:

I thought I typed not on level. I certainly meant to

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Yeah give me the QB in the draft if he is a bust then oh well.

Carr is taking this team nowhere. He had weapons in Las Vegas and still couldn't win.

You think with lesser weapons he's taking this team anywhere?

That's literally Stanford's story before he went on to win the SB. Sometimes, these QBs just play for bad coaches. 

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, Xtreme said:

That's literally Stanford's story before he went on to win the SB. Sometimes, these QBs just play for bad coaches. 

Stafford is the only QB.

Name me more. You just naming a QB who got traded to a loaded roster who won.

We don't have the Rams roster dude. Carr should go to the 49ers if he wants to be Stafford.

You act like we loaded. Carr ain't taking us very far.

• Poo 1