• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stafford/Carr Comparison

Cdparr7

44 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Well rushing was a huge part of Cam's production, and Teddy, not so much.

Rushing is not a huge part of Carr's game or Minshew's game to date.Ind you that out of 142 games almost all of them started by Carr, he has 845 rushing yards. Out of 24 games started by Minshew (and 32 games played), he has 521 yards. Draw your own conclusion from there.

Your argument was based on a single stat, QB rating. Obviously there was more to Cam's game than just passing, that's why using a single stat is so deceiving. We have to look at the big picture. And I was a big proponent of getting Minshew instead of Darnold. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, frankw said:

By definition he's a retread. His team decided to move on just like the Jets and Browns decided to move on from Darnold and Mayfield whom we rolled the dice on. He would be retread #3 for us. Just because you don't like the term doesn't make it untrue.

What’s your definition of “retread”? Additionally, how is the term used in context on this board? (Was “retread” used by Ram fans when they were winning games with Stafford for example)

These must be defined in order for a “truth” statement to be arrived at. 

If we assumed “his team decided to move on” is your definition, then would you consider any free agent or trade acquisition as a “retread”? Even players who you personally like?

Or is it, as I assume, a term reserved to talk about players from other teams in a negative light.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

2 hours ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Your argument was based on a single stat, QB rating. Obviously there was more to Cam's game than just passing, that's why using a single stat is so deceiving. We have to look at the big picture. And I was a big proponent of getting Minshew instead of Darnold. 

I've already said that I agree that we should look at the bigger picture.

I was a proponent of Minshew over Darnold as well, and posted this article as an argument.

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/lists/panthers-quarterback-trade-options-sam-darnold-jalen-hurts-gardner-minshew/

Carr has had way more opportunities and way more production being that he was a second round pick, and the expectations that come with that, but Minshew is likely the better value when looking at the bigger picture.

The Jets showed just how much they respect Carr that they put him on the waiting list to wait for Aaron Rodgers.

I would be shocked if he signs there they treated him as plan B.

My guess is he goes to the Saints. Im not sure either teams are offering him 35 mil a year which is reportedly what he wants.

Hopefully we stay away from him. 

• Poo 1

4 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

The Jets showed just how much they respect Carr that they put him on the waiting list to wait for Aaron Rodgers.

I would be shocked if he signs there they treated him as plan B.

My guess is he goes to the Saints. Im not sure either teams are offering him 35 mil a year which is reportedly what he wants.

Hopefully we stay away from him. 

Of course he would be behind Rodgers. He has 2 winning seasons in 9.

5 minutes ago, csx said:

Of course he would be behind Rodgers. He has 2 winning seasons in 9.

Yet we want him.lol

It's sad people trying to compare him to Stafford. Stafford was a 1 time thing. And we don't have nowhere near the roster the Rams had when Stafford went to the Rams.

A 32 QB who is aging is not what this roster needs.

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

7 hours ago, top dawg said:

I would like to know why I should invest all that money into Carr and not just pay Gardner Minshew less and roll with him. Why is Minshew's career passer rating actually higher than Carr's?

I understand your feelings, I have thought about the same thing. However, if you get Brissett or Minshew you probably pay them 8 or 10 mil a year to be a bridge. If you pay Carr 32 mil a year you don’t pay the bridge quarterback. You could still draft a future quarterback and see if he or Corral shows promise. I am not advocating for this, but I understand those who think this way. I trust Reich and Company to make the best choice. 

3 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

People keep saying “he has 2 winning seasons out of 9”, but can you confidently say that’s his fault?

Umm yes he's the QB.

The people defending him are comparing him to 1 QB Stafford who went to a loaded team. Nobody is saying Carr is a bad QB he just doesn't fit with this roster.

His agent needs to be on the phone with the 49ers. That's a situation where I can compare him to Stafford and he gets a chance with a loaded roster to get a ring.

• Poo 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

So you're saying a quarterback with more losing seasons than winning ones is a bad QB?

Okay 🤔

Bro why do you overthink everything?

I clearly said he was a good QB just not good enough with this roster we have.

49ers/Jets should be the teams he's looking at. Im not trying to just make the playoffs with Carr. I want to actually win a SB. Either draft a QB and develop them or trade for a true franchise QB who can win right now aka Lamar/Rodgers.

Been saying this forever but you can't seem to comprehend you rather ask silly questions.

• Poo 1

12 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Umm yes he's the QB.

The people defending him are comparing him to 1 QB Stafford who went to a loaded team. Nobody is saying Carr is a bad QB he just doesn't fit with this roster.

His agent needs to be on the phone with the 49ers. That's a situation where I can compare him to Stafford and he gets a chance with a loaded roster to get a ring.

“Umm yes he’s the QB” doesn’t cut it. It’s too simple. Team game. 

And why doesn’t he fit with this roster? A Stafford comparison isn’t silly. 

Stafford went from disfunction to a team with an offensive plan and he thrived. 

We may not be as talented as that Rams team, but we have been competitive with absolute  liabilities at QB. 

We have a staff that will know how to run an offense, and we are a playoff team with a competent QB, especially in our trash division. 

Winning a Super Bowl is hard, so you don’t have to call him Stafford, but Stafford lite is a realistic scenario. 

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

“Umm yes he’s the QB” doesn’t cut it. It’s too simple. Team game. 

And why doesn’t he fit with this roster? A Stafford comparison isn’t silly. 

Stafford went from disfunction to a team with an offensive plan and he thrived. 

We may not be as talented as that Rams team, but we have been competitive with absolute  liabilities at QB. 

We have a staff that will know how to run an offense, and we are a playoff team with a competent QB, especially in our trash division. 

Winning a Super Bowl is hard, so you don’t have to call him Stafford, but Stafford lite is a realistic scenario. 

Then sign him lol

Don't start complaining when we are a middle of the pack team tho. 

• Poo 1

4 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Not when you account for the growth of the salary cap.

Carr and his people aren't dumb. They'll be anticipating that and acting like they'll go for a teddy Bridgewater level deal in equivalent dollars seems dumb.

Edited by mav1234